Friday 3 April 2015

Choosing the dress

I think I entered a parallel universe when I signed up for the A-Z challenge.  So many of the contributers seem to be either established writers, as in published writers or aspiring writers.

I don't fall into either of those categories.  But I do love to write.  I haven't done much of it recently but I definitely want to get back into the habit which is why I joined the challenge.  Even just blogging each day is a step in the write direction.

At this crossroads in my life I feel like I'm reinventing myself.  I have a blank canvas and I can paint a new picture.  That might be a bit risky considering I have very little creative or artistic talent.  Maybe I should just stick with words.  The picture would probably just turn out as a few unrecognisable blobs.  But that probably would be a good representation of my body right now so I'm working on that.

I did do another walk yesterday.  I met up with a friend and we walked into Wanstead for a coffee. (Tea on my part of course as I still can't work out the fascination of coffee and it's too late to try now.)  We managed not to talk about work for quite a while so that was good.  We had a good laugh at some of the houses we passed because even me with only a little finger full of artistic talent can spot a renovation disaster when it's right in front of me.  Hopefully we haven't made any major mistakes with our house. 

The afternoon was spent with my daughter and she has finally ordered "The Dress"  This was the fifth shop my daughter had visited and they had panicked her a bit when they'd expressed concern that the wedding is in October and she hadn't ordered her dress yet.  However after almost two hours (the assistant was lovely and soooo patient) of umming and arring the decision was finally made.  I was trying very hard not to influence her too much because I felt that she had to be totally happy with her dress and make her own choice.  Of course I wouldn't have let her choose something that didn't look right but she is so indicisive!  She gets that from her father not me!  But I think the dress is lovely and it looked great on her and she was happy.

She came back and had dinner here and we looked throught the paperwork for my own wedding.  I still have the receipts for the catering, car hire, wedding dress etc.  My daughter couldn't believe how little we seemed to pay in comparison to today's costs.  Although I'm sure that weddings can be planned on all sorts of budgets from a shoestring to a sky's the limit affair.  My daughter's will be somewhere between the two but I know that whatever we eat or how we are entertained it will be lovely because we will be celebrating two people in love committing to one another.



4 comments:

  1. LOL. Did you mean to say "the write direction" or was it the auto correct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you still have the receipts? I am impressed. I keep receipts for one year unless it is for something expensive where I could potentially need proof.

    I am pleased to hear Rebecca has her dress organised. They do panic you in those shops. For goodness sake how long can it possibly take even for alterations?

    I like what you say at the end as that is so true. The day will be wonderful no matter what and I am very much looking forward to being there with you all.

    Now, about your dress.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I totally understand about coffee, I can't stand the stuff. :)

    I like the way you write. I also joined the challenge for similar reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress is so important. I still have mine and I cherish it although it is not fancy. Enjoy these days! You seem to be getting back to your old self.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.