Friday 18 November 2016

Enjoying 5 minutes on Friday

Five Minute Friday 

I came across this party from my friend Paula's blog so thanks to her for the invite.

You can find the prompt at 

 Heading Home. 

 

Here’s how it works:

Every Thursday, a one-word prompt will be announced on Kate's blog at 10pm EST.
 
 
The link-up is open for a full week, until the following Thursday evening.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 To participate in Five Minute Friday, all you have to do is write for five minutes on the word of the week, post your words on your own blog, and link up the post on Kate's blog (via the InLinkz button at the bottom of the post). Be sure to add the actual permalink to your specific post, and not your blog’s homepage (e.g. http://katemotaung.com/five-minute-friday/ and not just katemotaung.com).

Just write.

Also, the most important rule is that you visit the blog of the person who linked up before you and leave some encouragement.  That’s the most fun of all, and the heart of this community.

The word this week is Enjoy!

Go

This morning I'm enjoying the fact that I can do as I please, which is currently sitting in bed with my laptop and browsing blogs and now taking part in this challenge.  Being home definitely has its perks although I do have to be more careful with spending.  Hubby, who now only works 3 days a week is clearly a bit jealous on the days he has to get up and go to work, like today.  Bless him though, he always brings me a cup of tea before he leaves which I enjoy.

I also enjoy having a forest right on my doorstep.  Originally the whole area to the north of us was Epping Forest.  The name of our town, Forest Gate, denotes that there was once a gate here into London.  Of course the area has been developed since then and although there is still a large part of the forest remaining, some of it has been built on.  We are lucky enough to have a large common facing us and a woodland park within a mile of the house.  I enjoy taking walks there.

Phew! That five minutes seemed to go really fast!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy! Welcome to FMF. How lovely to have a forest outside your door. My husband is passionate about trees and loves the sound of the winds blowing through the branches. We've been living in South Africa for 10 years, and even though we live close to the most amazing beaches, I must admit that we still prefer the sound of the wind blowing through trees to the roar of the ocean. See you next week!
    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to FMF, Wendy! Nice to see someone else from the UK! (I'm in Scotland) I'm glad you're enjoying having some time to yourself and having a forest on your doorstep. I also enjoy walking in the woods or in the park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are lucky to still have some woodland around ! We enjoyed for 35 years fields with cows and a little wood, and then the farmer sold everything and now we have big houses instead ! At least our son could run around and drive with the farmer on his tractor and had a childhood like a country boy. Now I don't care that much, we still have our garden and now neighbors to chat with, which wasn't possible with the cows !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The land by us is protected and owned by the Corporation of London so hopefully it won't disappear.

      Delete
  4. I am lucky to be able to stay home too! I am thankful for that! And so wonderful that you are going to join in with FMF! I like to have a direction to write!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cherish each day since retiring. I love my life. That extra hour in bed when it's too dark to get up is the best especially with a cup of tea. Glad you are enjoying your time at home. Having discovered Epping Forest during my Central Line rambles I found it a special place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Wendy. You are such a talented writer; you truly set both place and atmosphere. I know Epping Forest, but know Brecon rather better. Who Dares Wins, you know.

    #2 at FMF this week.

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2016/11/your-dying-spouse-234-goodbye.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you live in a lovely place, and how great to have a cup of tea delivered in the mornings! Wow!! Sounds luxurious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. We will be hard pushed to find somewhere we like as much.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.