Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
1. Let's all think happy thoughts...share one of yours here.
I must be happy – I’m singing in my head.
2. There's a Chinese proverb that says, "If you want happiness for an hour take a nap, if you want happiness for a day-go fishing...." What say you?
If you want happiness for a day spend it with family.
3. Where do you go to decompress from the world around you?
I head off for a walk. Either through the local forest park or through the cemetery.
4. What song never fails to make you happy?
5. Wednesday is National Fast Food Day. Should that be a thing? Apparently it is, so tell us what's the last 'fast food' you consumed? If you were putting together your own version of a 'happy meal' what would you include?
Fast food for us usually involves throwing some pasta together with a shop bought sauce and whatever’s to hand e.g. bacon, mushrooms. We don’t tend to eat typical fast food.
A happy meal would probably be a steak with all the trimmings and a glass of wine, followed by a decadent chocolate dessert of some sort.
6. In a few sentences tell us why you blog.
I like the interaction with fellow bloggers and it also serves as a diary for me. It’s also interesting and informative and a way of challenging myself.
7. List seven things you're feeling especially grateful for today.
Crisp autumn weather.
Peace and quiet at home.
Quick and easy dinner.
A secret I’m sharing
Feeling more motivated
And lastly but most importantly, my family
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Is it really only 38 days to Christmas? Another happy thought – I’m not panicking. Yet!