Thursday 17 November 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge 16/11/16



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at 
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
Have fun!

1. Let's all think happy thoughts...share one of yours here. 

I must be happy – I’m singing in my head.

2. There's a Chinese proverb that says, "If you want happiness for an hour take a nap, if you want happiness for a day-go fishing...." What say you?

If you want happiness for a day spend it with family.

3. Where do you go to decompress from the world around you?

I head off for a walk.  Either through the local forest park or through the cemetery.

4. What song never fails to make you happy? 

This one:


5. Wednesday is National Fast Food Day. Should that be a thing? Apparently it is, so tell us what's the last 'fast food' you consumed? If you were putting together your own version of a 'happy meal' what would you include? 

Fast food for us usually involves throwing some pasta together with a shop bought sauce and whatever’s to hand e.g. bacon, mushrooms.  We don’t tend to eat typical fast food.

A happy meal would probably be a steak with all the trimmings and a glass of wine, followed by a decadent chocolate dessert of some sort.

6. In a few sentences tell us why you blog. 

I like the interaction with fellow bloggers and it also serves as a diary for me. It’s also interesting and informative and a way of challenging myself.

7. List seven things you're feeling especially grateful for today. 

Crisp autumn weather.

Peace and quiet at home.

Quick and easy dinner.

A secret I’m sharing

Books

Feeling more motivated

And lastly but most importantly, my family

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Is it really only 38 days to Christmas? Another happy thought – I’m not panicking.  Yet!

9 comments:

  1. Well, I had my first little surge of panic thinking about Christmas. I haven't even begun to shop yet. Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't done much shopping either but I am planning.

      Delete
  2. Time spent with my family is anything but calm lately...I'll go with you on that walk in forest!
    Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like every year Christmas comes up on us earlier and earlier. Time sure does fly! I enjoy going for walks in cemeteries too. I find them to be really peaceful places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny, we both put the same song on our blogs ! Only mine was made in Brussels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love, Love, Love that song. It always makes me start dancing and clapping along!! Your happy meal sounds like what I would want!! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your list of 7 things you are thankful for.
    :-)
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fast food day! Never heard of that one. Yes Christmas isn't creeping up on us so much as running at full speed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think America has something for everyday. Some are more sensible than others lol

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.