Wednesday 23 November 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 23/11/16



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at 
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
Have fun!

1. What's something you might say runs in your family? 
Well we’ve all been runners at some point in our lives.  Mine was back in the distant memories of my early 20s.  Hubby kept going for some years but not now.  My daughter has had spells of running but currently my boys are both runners.  The youngest has run the London Marathon twice and the eldest has done several half-marathons.
We’re also pretty competitive except hubby so the kids must get it from me!  We don’t like losing, although we’re not bad losers.  (Well the kids may choose to differ on that one – my eldest son HATES to lose!)
2. I read here a list of ten things you should do before 2017 arrives (in less than six weeks!)...which tasks on the list might you do? What would you add to your own 'before the year ends' list?
visit your Dr. or dentist, deep clean your home, donate unwanted items to charity, look someone in the eye and tell them you love them, write an honest letter to yourself, clean up your inbox-desktop-photos, travel to a place you haven't been, compliment a stranger, watch the sunrise, think ahead to your goals/plans for the new year

Not due a dental or medical visit so hopefully won’t be seeing either of those.
Might deep clean the area where the Christmas decorations will be
Definitely have some stuff for the charity shop
I’m always telling hubby I love him
No time for letter writing and the clean up list is a permanent fixture on my to-do list
Travel – probably not this side of Christmas
Compliment a stranger – hopefully as that’s a nice thing to do
Watch the sunrise?  Have you not been listening to my waffle?  I am so NOT a morning person lol
Plan ahead – that’s definitely up there along with:
Finish off the guest room.  (Just a couple of things to do but I don’t want them to get forgotten in the run up to Christmas.)

3. What's something other generations (not your own) misunderstand about your generation?
I think most generations think the previous generation don’t understand them but we forget they have usually been there and got the T shirt when it comes to understanding relationships.
4. Sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, cornbread dressing-which would you miss the most if it weren't on the holiday dinner menu?
From that list mashed potatoes and gravy but we wouldn’t have that as part of the menu.  For me it would be roast potatoes.
5. What are you overthinking right now?
How to help my daughter and her wife without offending my DIL.
6. Your favorite slang word lately?
Not a lover of slang.  Even my text messages and e-mails are usually fully worded and punctuated!
7. Write an acrostic for the word grateful.

Gratitude
Really
Accentuates
The
Empathy
For
Unselfishness and
Love
8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Composing a Hodgepodge post is a great way of procrastinating over all those things on that to do list!

Thanks Joyce for another great set of questions.  

12 comments:

  1. I always wished I was a runner but never really worked on it. Love your random, I know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I hate running, in fact I hate all sports, except talking as my son would say ! One thing I really don't like is "gravy" ! That's the only thing I never could eat when I was with my friends in Eastbourne ! and often gravy is put on everything as if one wants to hide the taste !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the random thought. My youngest daughter was (had back surgery) a runner. I am a fast walker. Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  4. The running thing...how awesome that all of your family has participated in this activity at one point or another! My goal is to do the Disney Princess Half Marathon one day. I've had a big setback but am determined to eventually accomplish this goal. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your Hodgepodge. Have a beautiful Wed. Wendy. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun set of questions. I enjoyed reading your answers. I really like the idea of complimenting a stranger. Such an easy thing to do, but something that would really brighten up someone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good acrostic!! I was a runner at one time, years ago before arthritis set in and my knees got bad...probably because of the running! Ha! I enjoyed your answers today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, a family of runners. Good for y'all! I love your acrostic, by the way!

    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are pretty competitive here as well. I'm the same with fully worded texting. I give the kids a hard time about that. I have stooped to using LOL, however!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your acrostic is great. I love roasted potatoes, too. We usually have them about once a week. It is something our no-meat-at-all daughter will eat and enjoy along with us.

    Best wishes to you as you navigate the mother-in-love waters. Have a blessed week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was going to procrastinate, but I think I will do that later.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being runners is so awesome! I do not abbreviate word either, I type them out in full on my phone. Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.