Friday 25 November 2016

Friday's Fave Five - 25/11/16

http://susannesspace.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/fridays-fave-five-395.html


It's Friday so it's time to join in with Suzanne's Friday's Fave Five.   
It's a place to come on Fridays and think back over your week and just post about 5 favourite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favourite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc.

If you want to take part or visit other Fave Five posts, click on the picture above to go to host Suzanne's site and check out the linky list.




This week has been fairly quiet so I had to think hard to find my favourite five but here they are:

Time with our eldest son - he was here last weekend.

Being able to help my daughter as she prepares to move house.

Preparing a Thanksgiving style dinner for our American DIL.  We had turkey and amongst the side dishes I found a recipe for a green bean casserole which is a favourite of hers.  I even managed to get some French's fried onions.  It was well received and we followed up with homemade baked chocolate cheesecake.  Of course she didn't have time off as she is a teacher but we did enjoy the meal together.

Skype - our DIL was able to skype with her family yesterday and feel part of their celebrations.

Getting my hair done.  It's always good to get rid of the grey roots showing through!

I hope all my American friends had a great Thanksgiving and all of you have a good weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Getting my hair done is always a fave, as is spending time with my kids.

    How nice you were able to celebrate Thanksgiving for your American DIL! It's so great when we can connect nowadays with all the technology available to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to get my hair done! Even just a shampoo and blow-out :)

    I hope you can stop by and consider joining in the 2017 PenPal sign-ups:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/11/tea-time-penpals-and-snow-112516.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that you all celebrated Thanksgiving for your DIL!! I'm sure she appreciated that! We enjoyed our day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love getting my hair done too! sooo relaxing! how special that you hosted the American Thanksgiving for your daughter in law. she must have loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got my hair cut this week and it sure feels good! Nice that you got a visit with your son. And how fun that you made an American thanksgiving meal for your dil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that you made a Thanksgiving meal for your d-i-l! We had green bean casserole along with the turkey, too. Glad you were able to have time with your son and help your daughter. I'm hoping to get my hair cut this week! It gets to a certain length and decides it's not worth the effort to cooperate, and that's my signal to get it shaped up before I get too frustrated with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.