Wednesday 30 November 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge 30/11/16



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at 
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
Have fun!

1. Give us three rhyming words that say something about your Thanksgiving holiday (or your most recent holiday gathering if you didn't celebrate Thanksgiving).
Hungry then Happy!
2. When did you last say, 'the more the merrier'? Did you mean it?
I really can’t remember but I probably would have meant it.
3. What's one piece of advice you'd give someone who is your same age?
Stop worrying about things that have happened.  We can’t go back and change the past.  It’s how we move forward that’s important.
4. You're ordering a veggie plate, what four veggies are on it?
Mushrooms, mashed potatoes, sweet potato and sweetcorn. (can you tell I'm not a veggie? lol)
5. Shop till you drop! Did you? Have you ever? Will you between now and Christmas?
I can remember one year when I was working taking advantage of the 24 hour opening of the supermarket just before Christmas and wandering around in a tired daze in the early hours of the morning.  Not something I’m planning on repeating, EVER!
6. What's your favourite chair in your house, and why is it a favourite?
That’s the one I’m sitting in now – it’s on a two seater sofa that is a recliner.  It’s very comfy for sitting with my laptop and/or watching the TV.
7. Share an early memory of faith, religion, or spirituality.
I don’t have any early memories but I was really moved by the number of people who offered prayers for my husband when he had a serious accident back in 2005 and it certainly worked.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have been sitting on this news for 6 weeks but having had her 12 week scan yesterday I can now announce my daughter is expecting a baby!  These first few weeks haven’t been completely smooth but everything seems ok now so we hope to become grandparents next June.  We are very excited!
And for those of you who follow Poppy’s progress – she’s just started crawling!  She will be one next week so she’s still a bit behind after the long spell in hospital but she’s catching up fast.

5 comments:

  1. I am so happy to read the news of Poppy!! Thanks for the update! I enjoyed your Hodgepodge answers, Wendy! Congratulations on your coming grandchild!! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! A grandbaby!! I loved your advice. It is spot-on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new grand young'un. Glad to hear the news about Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the grandbaby on the way - very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Sp excited for you! And so glad to hear Miss Poppy is doing well.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.