Friday 25 November 2016

I'm ready to surrender - 25/11/16

Five Minute Friday 

You can find the prompt for this challenge at 

 Heading Home. 

 

Here’s how it works:

Every Thursday, a one-word prompt will be announced on Kate's blog at 10pm EST.
 
 
The link-up is open for a full week, until the following Thursday evening.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 To participate in Five Minute Friday, all you have to do is write for five minutes on the word of the week, post your words on your own blog, and link up the post on Kate's blog (via the InLinkz button at the bottom of the post). Be sure to add the actual permalink to your specific post, and not your blog’s homepage (e.g. http://katemotaung.com/five-minute-friday/ and not just katemotaung.com).

Just write.

Also, the most important rule is that you visit the blog of the person who linked up before you and leave some encouragement.  That’s the most fun of all, and the heart of this community.

The word this week is Surrender


One of the things I sometimes find hard to surrender to is sleep.  I can often get to sleep quite easily but if anything disturbs me during the night getting back to sleep can be difficult.  I can be awake for ages, tossing and turning, wide awake.  I'll often get my ipad or even pick up my book.

When things were really bad before I gave up my very stressful job I've even been known to get up and watch TV rather than disturb my hubby with my restlessness.  I find myself wishing my brain had an off switch.

One way that has helped is talking to God in my head.  I usually try to think of the things I'm thankful for and then I start working through my family and friends talking about what they need or about the things they need help working through.

Of course that can be a very long list of people - our family is large and I've come across some wonderful people through blogging who, at times, will have mentioned situations they are going through.

I often don't get to the end of my list before surrendering to sleep.  Just taking the time to focus on something positive manages to calm my racing brain.

I'm often up late so you would think I'd be tired enough to sleep through the night but this is not the case most nights.  However tonight, although it's only just after 10 pm I can feel myself ready to surrender to sleep.

Let's hope the urge will last until morning!

3 comments:

  1. I can relate to this post. I am one of those who tosses and turns a great deal, my mind going over everything from the day and also making mental lists for the coming one. I am also one of those people who, when I awaken in the morning, might as well just get on up! I cannot get back to sleep. I really envy my husband who seems to take one or two breaths and is then sound asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you loud and clear with this one. One of my favorite things to do is to recite the memory verse that I am currently learning from the Bible. Psalm 23 has been getting quite a work out lately! How was your Thanksgiving??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I hear you...smiles...Have a beautiful weekend, friend.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.