Friday 22 February 2019

Friday's Fave Five - 22/2/19

 

It's Friday again and time to count our blessings for the week.  This meme is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story.  Pop over there to find out more and see who's taking part.

Here are my five for this week:

1.  Getting out for walks again.  The weather has been so mild for this time of year during the day so I've been working on my step count.  This scenery never gets old.

2.  Progress on house projects.  I blogged about this here.  At last my bedroom is no longer a bedroom/office.  Hubby is adapting to the changes - slowly!
3.  Snuggles with Nathan.  When he woke up from his nap on Tuesday he was happy to see Grandpa had arrived but he wanted to stay with me.  He sat with me like this for about 20 minutes.  He probably would have stayed asleep a bit longer if I'd rocked his buggy but I didn't mind the opportunity for just sitting and cuddling.   That's what I love about Grandparenting, generally I can let the Grandkids set the pace.  We're not having to rush about in the same way as I felt I always was with my own kids.
4.  Reading time.  I spent quite a lot of this morning reading, finishing a book which I reviewed here
I still find it hard not to feel guilty about doing nothing but reading so this morning I listened to my Fitbit and made sure I was active each hour as well as doing a chore or two everytime I was told to move!  My kitchen is tidy, the dishwasher emptied and refilled and a load of laundry done.  I think I earned my reading time.  I've also just put away some laundry.  So far my Marie Kondo folding is still working.

5.  I've booked a house for my birthday weekend!  My birthday is not until June but I wanted to go away the weekend after with all the Kids and Grandkids.  I've been meaning to get around to this for weeks but finally this week I made time for it and it's booked.  It was hard finding somewhere that ticked all the boxes (all double beds, space for the Grandkids, near amenities, child friendly etc) but eventually I did and it was available.  (I did find one place that looked great until I realised it had a stream running along the side of the garden, not fenced off and at the bottom of a slope - perfect for little ones to fall into!)  That was a big tick on my To Do list.
Enjoy the weekend!


10 comments:

  1. Oh how fun to go away with all your family!! I'm guessing you're looking forward to a fun birthday weekend.

    Your grandson has gorgeous curls!! What a cutie!!

    I love just sitting and reading and i don't feel guilty at all. Housework can wait! I've done a lot of both though as I've been off teaching all week. It's Winter Break here in NewYork this week. It's been nice not to have to rush out the door in the morning.

    Keep up the walks!!

    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your comments about being a grandparent. I love a cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely picture of you and Nathan. And it's so true what you said about letting grandkids set the pace. I wish I could have done that more with my own kids. Your birthday weekend sounds fabulous!I bet you're so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I understand enjoying those cuddles. What a sweet boy. How nice to plan a getaway with everyone for your birthday. Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you found the perfect place for your birthday celebration! And that sweet boy makes time stand still. Enjoy those cuddles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a problem for me the first years of retirement ! I always felt guilty when I did nothing or rather something for myself ! Fortunately with the time this feeling went away and now I do things or don't just like it comes. Of course not when I have guests or have to take care of something. Where did you find the ideal house for the whole family ? What an excellent idea to celebrate your birthday ! Being a grandma suits you well, that's a very nice picture of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How good to get your house projects done - the rooms look great. I've found it best to have separate work areas from my husband, too. Hopefully yours will adjust to the changes soon. He can always get another side table or something if he needs more surface area. Grandchild snuggles are just the best! Your upcoming birthday celebration sounds like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't grandchildren such a blessing? Enjoy yours! It looked as if Nathan was enjoying his time of waking up all snuggled into his grandmother. :)

    Good for you for doing the booking of a house for the weekend after your birthday. That will be such a good family time and I'm glad that you found one that met all of the needs that you had.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet pic of you and Nathan. I'm looking forward to one day having those slower paced grandbaby times. My niece just had a baby so maybe I'll have to steal some from her for the time being. I've never read that author, I'll have to look up that book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Snuggles with grandbabies are the best! Mine are growing up so when I see them, I try to get some hugs at least.
    That walk looks like a great spot. Where is it?
    We are booking our bnbs for our trip to England! Daughter wants to show her son all the ancient places in Cornwall and Dorset :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.