Monday 18 February 2019

Mayhem on Monday - 18/2/19



Finally my bedroom is a bedroom and not a bedroom/office.

I have been wanting to remove the large desk from our bedroom and move it to the room that my son and his wife were using until they moved out.

This is the offending desk - it's huge and, thanks to Hubby, usually messy. 



This is where my dresser used to be - right in the window and blocking the heat from the radiator.
 

This is how the bedroom looks now and here is Hubby at the desk in its new location.

We still have a lot of sorting out to do (I want to get an easy chair for the bedroom and change a few other things) but Hubby is finding it hard to adjust.  We've also moved my sewing machine from our bedroom into one of the smaller rooms that I want to be more of a hobby room for me.  This means Hubby lost a big surface that he used to dump a lot of stuff on.

I've tried to make it as easy as possible for him but I'm sure it will take time to get used to the changes.  But I'm pleased we've got this upheaval done.  I just wish I'd stuck to my gut instincts when it came to moving the desk.  I wanted to take it apart but Hubby was worried it wouldn't go back together too well and that we would be able to get it down a flight of stairs.

Well he was right that we could get it down the stairs, we just couldn't get it through the second doorway so had to dismantle it anyway.  It was very easy to take apart and it went back together ok too.  I'm proud of myself for not saying "I told you so!"  but I definitely thought it lol.
 

6 comments:

  1. Doesn't it always feel good when you COULD say I told you so but don't... and you know they know!! LOL I think your master looks great and hubby will get used to his new location. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dresser. I also like the windows, lovely room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riccardo too is always very reluctant to changes and usually an Italian comedy follows. But once it's done then he is so happy that you will have the feeling that the idea came from him ! We both have our rooms and in mine is also a desk. He has another room as office.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! You can say "I told you so" in your head and it sounds just as good! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way your room looks now. That's too bad that you had to take the desk about anyway! I hope your husband adjusts to the change soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.