Monday 11 February 2019

Monday Meander 11/2/19

Monday Meander
Image by Cool Text: Free Graphics Generator
Here we go again.  It's Monday. I've spent most of the day catching up.  With all the kids and their kids here at the weekend the house was a bit of a mess and the laundry had piled up a bit.  Add to that extra towels used, plus towels for the dogs, bedding in the travel cot etc etc etc I'm sure you get the picture.

But of course it was lovely to have all the little ones here together, especially Noah who we don't see quite so much of.


He's very dribbly at the moment with his first teeth looking like they'll erupt any minute but nothing so far.

One of the reasons they were here this weekend was for Noah's Daddy, our eldest son, to take part in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park Half Marathon.  He was pleased with his time of 1 hour 45 minutes.

I did manage to get to the library today - I had a couple of reservations waiting for me for a book club but somehow I managed to bring all these home!

At that rate my To Be Read pile is never going to decrease. The top two are the book club choices, The Search is another one in a series I've read before, I always enjoy Sophie Kinsella and I've read several of Dan Brown's before but not this one.

First though I have to finish this one:

Why Mummy Swears

 I think an early night beckons.


5 comments:

  1. What fun to have the whole family together for the weekend! I know you cherish those times! The books look good and I'll look forward to your reviews! Have a good week, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here it is the use if you stay overnight and come by car, then you bring your bedlinen with you Of course not when you come by bus, train or plane. That's very nice because at leasst you don't have too much laundry to do. We were 4 classmates with husbands we met each year and stayed over night and everybody brought the bedlinen along My son does it too, only for Toby when he was a baby, I had everything here, but mostly now as he has grown up he stays with his little friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's a nice idea but my son and his wife struggle to fit everything into the car as it is without having to bring bedding, towels etc to save me from laundry lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have a house full of family! Glad your son did well in the marathon.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.