Friday 8 February 2019

Friday's Fave Five - 8/2/19


It's Friday again so time to sit back and think of my blessings and join in with Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story.

1.  A lunch date with hubby.  We took a leisurely walk through the local woodland park to Wanstead last Sunday.  We browsed the farmers market that was on the High Street and then had a Pie & Mash lunch.  It was a bit chilly but bright and sunny so a lovely winter's day to get out and about.  Also thankful that we don't have the very low temperatures and snow that Susanne and others have!

2.  An easier babysit with Rory last Saturday.  (Compared to the very hard time I'd had with Nathan a couple of days before.)  He was asleep before his parents went out and apart from waking up for his late feed we didn't hear another sound from him!  He settled back to sleep reasonably quickly after his bottle too.

3.  The internet.  I've managed to track down the missing parts for the Vax machine I was given and also checked out how much water /time was needed to sterilize Rory's bottles today.

4.  Self sterilizing bottles!  Rory has bottles that you can sterilize in the microwave on their own, no need for sterilizing units or boiling etc.  Very handy and much less hassle, especially if you need to reuse a bottle while he's here.

5.  A supportive hubby.  I was due to babysit Rory today as his Daddy had an interview to attend but I woke up this morning with a terrible headache, more like a migraine as I also felt quite naseous.  Hubby agreed to stay home and help out so I brought Rory here and it was fine.  He's crawling now so he's quite a handful and I'm really grateful not to have had to watch him on my own today.  Hubby also shopped for and cooked dinner after Rory had gone home.  Thankfully once I'd taken tablets and eaten the headache eased but I'll definitely be having an early night.

We have a busy weekend as Noah and his Mummy & Daddy are coming tonight for the weekend and the others will be here for lunch tomorrow.  It will be lovely to have them all together but it's bound to be a bit hectic.

Have a good weekend all.

8 comments:

  1. Oh i hope you feel better soon!! I used to get migraines before menopause...so glad i no longer do. I never got nauseous with mine though,

    How nicemofmyur husband to take the day off to help with babysitting!!

    A family lunch does sound fun!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting a good deal of grandma time in:) Enjoy the family time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you and your hubby had another lunch date this week! Isn't it fun to be out and about with them?

    And so good of him to stay in today and help with Rory.

    Enjoy your weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you will have a great time with everyone home under your roof for the evening!! Enjoy!! Glad you headache eased!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Babysitting is tiring especially for crawlers and early walkers! Glad you had some help. Sounds like you support your family well with help. Hope you have a good weekend. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my Fave Fives!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lunch date sounds wonderful! I'm glad you had better babysitting experiences this week and that your husband was able to stay home and help when you weren't feeling well. And then his taking care of dinner was a blessing as well. Self-sterilizing bottles! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lunch and a walk--wonderful!
    Oh dear, after that fun day, you had the headache day. I hope you are feeling better now. Kuddos to your hubby for helping out!
    Enjoy your fun and hectic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a blessing to have hubby step up to the plate and give a hand when you had that migraine. I know what it's like to have to watch children with that kind of headache and it is no fun! Hope it didn't last too long.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.