Sunday 17 February 2019

#SoCS on Sunday 17/2/19 - Yawn(ing)


Well I seem to be running a day behind on everything at the moment.  And doing a lot of yawning.

Busy week, late nights so no surprises really.  But....

We got Nathan to sleep in his cot last night!

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago about a horrendous evening of babysitting when Nathan was totally distraught at his Mummies going out and how I'd had a hard job getting him to sleep.  Well yesterday I was taking no chances - I brought in reinforcements - Granga.  (Grandpa)  Nathan loves his Granga and although he did cry when his Mummies left we were soon able to distract him.

We also managed to bath him and get him ready for bed, following his usual routine.  Then it came to putting him in his cot.  He was not impressed.  But we stuck to our guns - listening to Twinkle Twinkle Little Start on loop on the ipad for a what seemed like ages.  So much so that I stopped it and we started singing our usual (limited) repertoire of lullabys.

He stood up for quite a while and then eventually sat down.  Several times he was almost asleep sitting up but then he would rally and laugh at us but gradually his yawns became more frequent and I was able to persuade him to lie down.  He insisted on holding Granga's hand but EVENTUALLY he fell asleep!

Actually it probably took us about half an hour which isn't bad going but I think we were helped by the fact he hadn't had as long a nap as usual in the afternoon so he was very tired.  He also stayed asleep until just after his Mummies got home.  He seems to have a bit of a sixth sense about that!

#SoCS is hosted by Linda.  You can find her site here with all the details etc.

3 comments:

  1. I had to laugh, I imagined you both standing there and singing ! I hope you have better voices then we have otherwise Nathan would have screamed that the walls shake ! He probably is a bit anxious when his mummies are not there, but that will hopefully disappear once he is a bit older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting that little guy to sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a true accomplishment! Very impressive! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.