Saturday 16 February 2019

Friday's Fave Five - on Saturday! 16/2/19


Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story. Pop over there to find out more and check out other participants.

Yes I know it's Saturday and this is supposed to be a Friday thing but yesterday just ran away from me and then I got so tired I just closed my laptop and went to bed. Sometimes you just have to listen to your body.

And now it is late on Saturday but I have a lot to be thankful for:

1. Grandson Noah and his parents were here last weekend plus their furry friends Joe and Ness. We also had Rory and Nathan and parents here too for lunch on Saturday. It was hectic but I love having them all here together. I want the little ones to know their cousins.

2. Good weather. It's been quite mild this week for the time of year and we've had some good spells of sunshine.

3. A catch up with some friends on Thursday evening. Always good to get out and have some adult conversation after spending lots of time with little ones!

4. Walking. The nice weather encouraged me to get a couple of walks in this week. Just out in the local area but it improved my step count for the week.

5. A visit from Grandson Rory yesterday. He was on good form and I actually managed not only to get him to sleep but to transfer him to my travel cot without waking him up. The only problem is he usually only naps for about 30 minutes during the day!

That's me done. I started this post in the morning but hadn't finished it by the time I had to leave for a hair appointment. I'm actually at my daughter's now, babysitting Nathan who we (hubby and I) managed to get to go to sleep in his cot! He took a bit of persuading and we had to sing lots of lullabys but eventually he was too tired to stay sitting up so he had to lay down and then he went to sleep. We had a few tears when his Mummies left for the cinema, and a few more when he realised he was going in his cot but overall it was a lot better than the last time I babysat him in the evening. Hopefully he'll still be asleep when his Mummies get back.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Aw.....sleeping babies are so special! How fun for you and lucky for the parents they don't need to hire a babysitter!!

    Yay for sunshine, thankfully the last 3 days have been nice and sunny here too.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up close to cousins on both sides - so much fun. Glad your grandkids can get together with their cousins. It's so nice the weather was good and you were able to get out on some walks as well as visit with a friend. Glad the baby-sitting and getting babies to sleep went smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cousins are important, especially in those younger years! It's nice that the kids can be together now and then! Glad your weather is good and you got out for a couple of walks! Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a joy to have your kids and grandkids near enough to enjoy a dinner together!
    Hurray for walks and dinners and friends. Those are some of my favorite things.
    Don't worry about being late. I was sooo busy and tired from the weekend that I am just now getting around to reading everyone's faves. Have a happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A true joy to be able to help with the grandkids. My parents lived too far away to do that, we would visit as often as possible. I hope I am able to do what you are doing when that time comes. It is very special I think to have that time with grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to have nice weather to take a walk. It has been extremely bitter cold here so no walking for us! Friends and family are the best blessings

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.