Tuesday 5 February 2019

Tuesday Twaddle - 5/2/19

Well we had a meander on Monday so time for some twaddle on Tuesday.

Firstly, I cleaned the carpet!  I have been meaning to get this carpet done for weeks.  And weeks.  And yesterday I was so geared up for it - we acquired a wet and dry Vax machine from one of hubby's sisters, I was set to go.  I'd YouTubed the instructions.  I'd filled up the tank and went to assemble the hose etc and what?  Wait a minute? Where are the rigid sections of hose?  Nowhere to be seen!

This meant we never got them from SIL.  Everything has been kept together since it arrived.

You can imagine my frustration.  Especially when SIL said she didn't have them either BUT I was not going to be thwarted.  If I couldn't clean the carpet standing up as the tubes were missing, I would do it on my hands and knees!  I have been procrastinating for too long.  The tank is full, let's do this.

So it's done and it definitely looks cleaner.  I've now ordered the rigid tubes so that for the next carpet (oh yes I have others lined up for cleaning)  it will be an easier job.

Now I have to take Hubby shopping for a sofa bed.  I still want the option of being able to use the room for guests/grandchildren to sleep in while retaining the floor space for grandchildren to play.

Hubby likes going shopping.  Probably more than me.  (Yes he is a bit strange lol) The probability of us agreeing on a sofa bed is low.  Then we need new curtains.  The sooner we start this shopping expedition the better.  I have next Monday in mind.  (Grandson Noah and his parents will be here at the weekend so that's the next available day.)   I've had this plan in my head for a long time and finally I feel like I'm making progress.  I got bogged down in January.  I find it quite a hard month.  The anticlimax after Christmas, dark mornings and evenings, dreary weather.  Not great for keeping a positive mindset.  

No wonder I talk a lot of twaddle!  But then I have been conversing with an almost 2 year old today who is at the babbling stage.  Lots of words are recognisable, but lots are definitely not!  Although he does usually make himself understood.






2 comments:

  1. My husband likes shopping more than me too! Makes us lucky, perhaps?! I would be crippled had I tried to clean a carpet (or anything) on my hands and knees! Ouch!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't do much else for the rest of the day lol

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.