Wednesday 5 June 2019

19 in 19 - May update

We're in to June already so it's time for another update on my 19 in 19.  May was such a busy month that I'm not sure this update will show many achievements.  I was tempted not to bother but that rather defeats the object of the whole thing.  So here goes:

1. Be more organised, plan ahead and waste less time
I actually think I'm keeping my head above water here, just! The Hello Fresh meals make a big difference, especially on the days I've been Grandsitting.  Nick and I are still trying to co-ordinate diaries regularly too.


2. Work on the garden
I really should take photos (oh wait that's further on!) as I put together some window boxes and they are looking lovely.  They're actually on the wall that separates the patio from the main garden and they've definitely added a splash of colour.  Lots of things are coming into bloom now so I'm trying to keep the garden watered when it needs it.


3. Plan a lunch date/date night with Nick once a month (theatre/cinema/meal/outing)
We didn't really do anything planned but lots of family things going on.

4. Eat at 6 new-to-me restaurants
Nothing new here.

5. Complete the A – Z blogging challenge
Success! 


6. Family weekend away for my birthday - in June
Looking forward to this.

7. Look after my health – eat well, sleep well, play well
Well I definitely played well in May with all the Grandsitting so I've slept well too. 

8. Visit my brother
At some point!

9. Visit the beach
We have a trip to France next weekend so this will happen!

10. Complete my reading challenge (52 books for the year)
Still on schedule,  i
n May I read:



The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown

Home - Harlan Coban
They all fall down - Tammy Cohen
Parting Shot - Linwood Barclay
The Swedish Girl - Alex Gray &
The Tuscan Child - Rhys Bowen
 
As always, details and reviews can be found on my Goodreads site.

11. Keep a journal
This is still not working.


12. Blog at least once per week (plus regular memes)
May was always going to look bad after April with the A-Z challenge.  I just about managed to do some memes and book reviews.  There was almost no original blogging.

13. Organise/Take more photos
I think I'm taking more but the organisation side still needs a lot of work.

14. Update my clothes/accessories/make up etc regularly
I'm beginning to wonder how I ever thought this was a good idea!


15. Do more crafting – move the sewing machine!
I did lots of crafting in May - I was desperately trying to get blankets finished for both Noah and Rory.  Noah's was done in time for his birthday on 17th May and Rory's is almost finished.  


16. Try out a new recipe or do a bake each week
FAIL!


17. Visit/see Grandson Noah every month
Well we were always going to see him in May - for his birthday but he was here the following weekend so at least this one's been achieved.


18. Make progress on the house plan
This is on hold at the moment because the next big job involved sorting out the damp in the kitchen which will involve a lot of disruption and......Nathan's Mummies are trying to buy a house.  They are trying to buy a house before their landlady sells the one they're living in at the moment.  If they don't succeed they will most likely be staying with us until their purchase completes.  I don't think any of us could face the extra challenge of having the kitchen upside down if that happens.

19. Lose 19 pounds 
I really shouldn't have put this on the list! 

Again a mixed month, some good things but some failures too.  I don't think I appreciated when I set this up just how much time being a Grandparent would involve.  I'm currently looking after Rory 1 day a week and still doing 2 days with Nathan.  Yes it's tiring but I absolutely love spending the time with them and watching them grow up.  We also try and keep up with Noah as much as we can.  Then there's the more mundane stuff of running the house and before I know it another week has flown by. And then we're into another month.  

At the end of the year I'm sure I won't have done all of my 19 in 19 but I know I'm being a great Nanny.





6 comments:

  1. Look at you and your four boys!! That is such a great picture! Good luck on your list. I'm also trying to lose 15-20 pounds. Let's DO IT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. I hope you're having more success than me. A birthday weekend is no time for dieting lol

      Delete
  2. Being a great Nanny trumps everything else, so you're doing well! ;) Enjoyed your list. I also have a 19 in 19 list in my bullet journal. Maybe one day I'll blog about it. I've lost my blogging motivation since the A-Z Challenge. Enjoyed reading yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely photo. I think you are doing well considering the amount of childcare you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks I'm looking forward to the summer holidays when things will be a little bit easier as I won't have Rory.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.