Friday 21 June 2019

Friday's Fave Five - 21/6/19

Wow it's Friday again and time to count my blessings.  This meme is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story. Pop over there to find out more and see who's taking part.

1)  A day spent touring local gardens.  Our local community garden organised an open garden day for local gardens last weekend and on Saturday Hubby and I ambled our way around a few of them.  We managed to dodge the rain.  It was a nice way to spend the day and I got a few ideas of things I could add to our garden.

2)  Feeling more organised.  I posted recently about feeling a bit in limbo and not particularly motivated but this week I actually planned the meals for the week and sorted out a shopping delivery for the things we needed.

3)  Cooking!  Part of the planning ahead included picking out a couple of new recipes to cook.  I used to try and cook something new every week but I haven't done that for a while.  This week I've tried 2 new recipes.  One was a lemon chicken dish which I did on Wednesday and tonight I made a mushroom and mascarpone stew.  Of course I forgot photos although I did take this one as I started to prepare the stew. 


It was really good though and there is enough left to use as a pie filling tomorrow.  (As suggested in the recipe book.)

4)  New plants in the garden.  I have 2 new rose bushes and 3 heucheras.  My gardener was here on Wednesday and planted the roses and I put the heucheras in today as well as cutting the grass.  I'm not ready to think about volunteering for the open garden but it is definitely looking better and more colourful.  I'll try and remember to take pictures when the roses bloom.

5) Kids that make me proud.  They all make me proud but especially proud of my daughter this week.  She's training for a 10K run next month in aid of the NeoNatal Unit where Nathan was born.  Without the facilities and wonderful staff  in the unit his outcome, after arriving 11 weeks early, could have been very different.  Will always be thankful for the care he received.


Have a good weekend all.

5 comments:

  1. I need to do better at meal-planning. I usually have a few dishes in mind but then just get our usual staples and figure out the rest later. But it does help to plan ahead. That run is such a neat idea. Our grandson was in the NICU for 10 1/2 weeks, so I know what you mean about valuing their services.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. We were definitely grateful for the NICU service.

      Delete
  2. I love that your daughter is running the 10K race. And that is a great reason to run. I knit little hats for the local NICU and have friends whose children or grandchildren wouldn't be alive today with out the NICU doctors, nurses, or hospitals.
    Hurray for you doing the organizing and cooking those two new recipes this week. And the best is having extras for leftover dishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Our Grandson was given a hat knitted by volunteers plus an octopus during his stay.

      Delete
  3. Cooking has become the last thing on my list, before I loved to try out new recepes. The last photo of Nathan is very cute, he really becomes a little boy ! We have a heat wave 30 to 35°C ! Or it's too much or it rains ! Never happy. Anyway impossible to go out or sit in the garden without a ventilator !

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.