Friday 14 June 2019

Friday's Fave Five - 14/6/19



It's Friday again and time to count our blessings for the week. This meme is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story. Pop over there to find out more and see who's taking part.


Wow I thought I'd missed a week but looking back it's 3 weeks since I've been here.  Life has been busy and I seem to have lost my blogging mojo a little bit.  But there are definitely blessings!

Here we go:

1)  Firstly I am so thankful that the newest addition to my extended family is doing well.  The little boy had a very rough and scary start to life but is now doing well and home with his family.  His name means survivor and he definitely is a survivor.  He's also a little miracle.  He's Grandchild #9 for my cousin. 

2)  A great hubby.  We celebrated 35 years of marriage last weekend and we're still talking to one another.  I picked a good one!

3)  Family time.  We've just had a few days away with our daughter, her wife and Grandson Nathan.  We were supposed to be in Cannes in France where the weather was lovely but instead we ended up having a staycation in Poole on the south coast and the weather was not lovely.  (Nathan's passport has vanished, probably into the rubbish bin.)
Anyway we still had a good time and the highlight for Nathan was a trip to Peppa Pig World.  (Not sure Grandpa was very impressed but he did go on some of the rides with him.)

It was very tiring.



4)  Eating out.  We ate out a couple of times while we were away.  Not the most relaxing thing with a toddler but the food was good and it was nice to be somewhere different.

5)  A quiet weekend.  Very welcome after a few busy ones.  No plans set in stone but we do have tickets for the local open gardens event.  If the weather's good we'll take a slow amble around the local gardens that are open this weekend.  But not till we've had a lie in tomorrow.

Have a great weekend all.




4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a very nice week. We celebrated 35 years this month, too! It kind of slipped by with all the excitement of the new baby. My 4-year-old granddaughter would LOVE Peppa Pig World. She is a huge fan. Such a sweet picture of Nathan:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I did not know there was such a thing as Peppa Pig World! My grandson was a big Peppa Pig fan for a long time. It sounds like the revised vacation turned out well, except for the weather. I love quiet weeks after busy ones. I'm so glad the new member of your cousin's family has a safe and caring environment now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, do tell. Your phrase "have a lie in" is the second time I've heard this in the last week!! What does it mean???

    Happy Anniversary!! We will celebrate 29 years on the 30th. We are blessed indeed to have wonderful husbands!

    The sleeping toddler is adorable!!

    I hope you have a fun time walking around the gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! We are celebrating 36 years tomorrow.

    I don't quite know what it is about Peppa Pig but the kids in my care love that show. Sounds like a good week and yes a relaxed weekend is lovely! Glad you got that

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.