Wednesday 5 June 2019

Review: The Promise

The Promise The Promise by Katerina Diamond
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When troubled teen Connor moves to Exeter from the US to escape his past, he finds himself embroiled in a world of popular kids and easy girls. Everyone wants to be his friend, but they don’t know about what he did…and they don’t know about his father.

As Connor’s life in England begins to unravel, DS Adrian Miles and his partner Imogen Grey are working up against the clock to catch a serial killer who dates his victims before he kills them. Determined to uncover the truth, Imogen is forced to act as bait – but will she take it too far and risk her own life?


This was a quick pick from the library and annoyingly I realised this is #4 in a series of which I've read #1 & #2 but not #3. However, although the main characters remain consistent and we can follow their development the book could be read on its own.

I felt the author was trying to be too clever in this book. Essentially it's a crime thriller about a serial killer on the loose in Exeter but parts of the book are told in the present, parts are in flashback for one of the characters and then there is also a storyline from the past told by an unknown character. It did all come together in the end though and it was still a page turner for me.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review, Wendy! I have read more book reviews on serial killers lately... I think I've had enough of that for a while!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.