Sunday 23 June 2019

Review: An Act of Silence

An Act of Silence An Act of Silence by Colette McBeth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

These are the facts I collect.

My son Gabriel met a woman called Mariela in a bar. She went home with him. They next morning she was found in an allotment.

Mariela is dead.

Gabriel has been asked to report to Camden Police station in six hours for questioning

Linda Moscow loves her son; it's her biological instinct to keep him safe. But if she's not sure of his innocence, how can she stand by him? Should she go against everything she believes in to protect him?

She's done it before, and the guilt nearly killed her.

Now, the past is catching up with them. As old secrets resurface, Lind is faced with another impossible choice. Only this time, it's her life on the line...


I really enjoyed this book despite its dark subject matter. I liked the writing style and how apart from the main storyline of trying to bring a group of powerful men to justice, there was also a more personal storyline about the relationship between a mother and her son.

It's tricky to follow at times due to the switching between now and the past and also filling in some back stories but it was still gripping.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.