Saturday 15 June 2019

Being sociable - it's not always my thing but...

Today I was sociable.

Social was the prompt for #SoCS today but I haven't been sociable over there for a while so I'm just going to keep this to myself and anyone who visits.  That's what I often do in real life too.

Hubby is much more sociable than me.  He's often out somewhere either with or without his guitar, playing or listening to music.  He's also involved in a community project that gets him out to meetings on a regular basis.

I'm more of a home bird.  I can be content at home.  It's a joke between us though that even though we've been married 35 years now there are some acquaintances of his who probably doubt my existence because we've never met.  We met one such woman on our way out today.  Her reaction was "So you do exist!"  Fortunately it's not the first time I've heard that so it doesn't bother me.  I also think that Hubby wouldn't spot a woman making a play for him unless they were blatantly obvious and possibly not even then so I think I'm safe.  

Anyway getting back to being sociable.  Today was an "open garden" day in our community.  A number of gardens had agreed to open to the public this weekend.  It was organised by our local community garden so we signed up, picked up the map and set off.  The weather wasn't great but we didn't have any really heavy rain, just a bit of drizzle from time to time so we made our way to 6 of the gardens on the list.  It's interesting to see what others have done in their gardens and all of them were quite different today.  I came home with a few ideas for mine too.

It was nice to meet people and chat and be sociable for a change.

And yes, I know, I should do it more often!

I didn't take many photos but one front garden had these figures which I was impressed with:



5 comments:

  1. Our historic district has an annual home and garden tour. It is always fun to do! Interesting figures in that garden. I can't imagine that you aren't social. You are here in blogland!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh, Wendy! My husband and I have a similar set of circumstances - except that I am the social one and my husband is a "hermit." My term - not his. And as he got older it has gotten more so - he is also gone legally blind over the last 10 years and that has only accentuated his hermit style of living. But it works for us. I say - go with what works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Open garden does sound interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. In our couple it's the other way around. I like to go out and Mr. G doesn't at all anymore. Has not always been like that at the beginning of our marriage he was more than social ! Always out and surrounded by people. Since his retirement he changed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby is the social one too. The garden tour sounds like fun though.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.