Tuesday 11 June 2019

Review: The Brighton Mermaid

The Brighton Mermaid The Brighton Mermaid by Dorothy Koomson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Brighton Beach, 1993: Teenagers Nell and Jude find the body of a young woman and when no one comes to claim her, she becomes known as the Brighton Mermaid. Nell is still struggling to move on when, three weeks later, Jude disappears.

Twenty-five years on, Nell quits her job to find out who the Brighton Mermaid really was – and what happened to her best friend that summer.

But as Nell edges closer to the truth, dangerous things start to happen. Someone seems to be watching her every move, and soon she starts to wonder who in her life she can actually trust…

I found this a bit hard to follow as it's told from more than one POV and also switches between past and present but it did keep me interested and everything was tied up neatly at the end.

View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm Not sure I'd put this one on my 'must get' lists so that is good to know. I love reading what people like (or not!) in the books they read
    Happy reading!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.