Sunday 16 June 2019

Father's Day - 16/6/19

It's Father's Day here in the UK and many other places.

Not a great photo in terms of quality, but this was probably one of the last ones taken of me with my parents.  I think this is in 1980.  Sadly Dad passed away in 1981.  He was 64, I was 22.  He survived WW2 but couldn't beat cancer.  Success rates were not as good back then and by the time he was diagnosed the cancer from his lungs had already spread to his brain.

He was a great husband and a great Dad.  There was never anyone else for Mum even though she survived him by another 31 years.



 A hard act to follow but I found this young man.


He's changed a bit since then - getting married and having kids has that effect!  (Although I think he still has less grey hairs than me!)  He's another great Dad.




 And now the boys have become Dads too, and I'm proud of how they are coping with the job!














Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.