Wednesday 19 June 2019

Wednesday Medley - 19/6/19


The Wednesday Medley is hosted by Terri over at Your Friend from Florida.
The questions usually start with the National Day and follow on from there. No rules and there is no obligation. Link up if you want to over at Terri's site and see who else is joining in the fun.


NATIONAL GARFIELD THE CAT DAY – June 19


1.  If you have ever followed the Garfield comic strip, you know Garfield loves lasagne.  What is your favorite Italian food?  Do you over-indulge when it comes to pasta?
I love lasagne and I love most pasta dishes.  We have a few favourites we make regularly and I always eat too much.

2.  Tell us about your very first pet.  If you have never had a pet, can you tell us about an animal that touched your life in some way?
My first pet was a family dog.  He was a fairly small crossbreed and because of his colouring he was called Sandy.  I think the first pets I had as my own were guinea pigs.
3.  Garfield sleeps his day away, only waking to eat or sweet talk his girlfriend Arleen.  How many hours sleep do you normally get each night?  How much sleep do you really need?
Well according to my fitbit app I average anywhere between 5.75 to 6.25 hours each week but it's not very accurate.  It sometimes says I'm awake when I'm not and I don't always bother to edit the logs.  However it's still way less than I need but I'm not a great sleeper.

4.  Garfield lets the mice in the house have their way.  When was the last time you had to chase out a little varment?  
We had mice in the house a long time back - it was one of the reasons we got cats.  It's been a long time since I had to chase anything out even though we no longer have any pets in the house.
5.  Garfield also loves his teddy bear Pooky. Did you have a favorite stuffed animal when you were young (or now!)?  If you didn't or don't, what about someone you know?
I had a cream coloured (originally!) teddy bear that I loved.  It wasn't very big but it was definitely loved judging by how worn he got!

6.  Please tell us something about your week, so far!
I ordered 2 new rose bushes for the garden last week and they arrived yesterday in time for my gardener to plant them today.  I was pleasantly surprised to see how big they are and they are both full of buds and will be flowering very soon.  Hopefully when they're in bloom I'll remember to take some photos!

4 comments:

  1. Please remember to take photos of your roses!! How nice that they are bigger than you expected and almost ready to bloom! Thanks for joining the Medley today! I enjoyed your responses and learning about your pets and stuffed animals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your rose bushes sound beautiful! I cannot wait to see them. Loved your answers! Have a great week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting ready to dig up our rose bushes.... this is the first year since we have owned this house (20+yrs) that they just don't seem to want to do anything.... no green leaves or anything. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! This was a cute post. I LOVED Garfield when I was a kid - my room was decorated with all kids of Garfield items.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.