Tuesday 13 August 2019

August Challenge - Days 12 & 13

The idea of this challenge is to post a photo a day during August in response to the prompts.

For full details go here.

Well I said at the start I would be doing this challenge my way so that includes putting two days together! We were looking after Nathan yesterday and were invited to stay for dinner.

Stay for dinner / Go home and cook a dinner we hadn't even shopped for?

That was a no brainer. We stayed but of course that meant we got home a lot later and I was too tired to blog.

Anyway, yesterday's prompt was "5 things About Me" and today's prompt is "Last Year".

I'm not good at promoting myself and hard to think of things I haven't mentioned before but here goes:

1) I'm all about family and this is mine:




2) My favourite colour is blue, there is a lot of blue in my wardrobe and of course I love to wear jeans. I'm all about comfort when it comes to clothes. Despite what you might think there was no memo sent around to wear blue for the family shot above, it just turned out that way!

3) I love to dance but my body has other ideas these days, especially my knees. I was wearing this, about this time last year after a nasty fall and my knee still isn't quite the same.





4) I'm paranoid about developing dementia/Alzheimers so I try to keep my brain busy with puzzles, crosswords etc. Here are some I did yesterday:





There are a couple of crossword clues still eluding me!

5) My favourite season is spring. I love it when the clocks go forward and we start getting longer days, the weather gets better but not too hot and the garden starts coming into bloom.

Now as for last year, apart from the knee incident above it was pretty good. Actually it was really good - these two joined the family giving me a hat trick of grandsons:








And today it's 3 years since these two tied the knot:




Happy days!


3 comments:

  1. This is a fun post and I really love that photo of you and your lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great family photo! I've doubled up on days/prompts before too. Life happens. Thanks for sharing!

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice family photos ! I had to laugh about your "Alzheimer" fear at your age, but you are right we have to keep our minds busy that's why we scrabble each week !

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.