Wednesday 7 August 2019

Wednesday Medley - 7/8/19


The Wednesday Medley is hosted by Terri over at Your Friend from Florida.
The questions usually start with the National Day and follow on from there. No rules and there is no obligation. Link up if you want to over at Terri's site and see who else is joining in the fun. 

The Medley this week is all about "Lighthouses".  Here are Terri's questions and my responses:
1.  Let's start with a number! How many lighthouses have you visited?
I have no idea!  We've been to the coast a lot so I've seen a few but it's not something I've kept count of.
2.  Have you been inside a lighthouse and did you walk to the top?
Yes I have and got right to the top where the lamp was but again don't ask me where lol
3.  Do you seek them out when you are traveling the coastlines or are you not that big a fan?
I don't actively seek them out but I don't totally ignore them either.  This was one we saw when in Australia in 2017 - it's on Cape Byron, the most Easterly point of Australia.


 
4.  Do you have a favorite scripture or another reference to share with us concerning a guiding light in your life?
Well I'm not great at quoting scripture and apart from the obvious answers I think my conscience helps to guide me - between right and wrong.
5.  If you don't collect lighthouses when you travel, is there something tangible that you tend to collect as a souvenir when you are on vacation or a road trip?
I'm not really a collector, especially since my Mum passed away.  She collected pigs.  Lots of china pigs, many of which were piggy banks (money boxes) but all sorts really so when we were away we'd often look out  for a different pig for her.  I inherited the collection but they're really not my thing.  I kept a family set but then donated the rest to the school I worked in at the time to sell at a school fete.

6.  Please share something with us about your week.
I was out at the supermarket earlier and the radio was playing.  The DJ mentioned it was Lighthouse Day!

8 comments:

  1. How cool is that! Lighthouse Day was announced on the radio! Thanks for joining in today, Wendy! It has been fun seeing the lighthouses folks have visited. I don't seek them out either and no way could I walk up or down the stairs to see the top. Maybe next year when my knees are new!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you so much for sharing your lighthouses! I am landlocked and they are not part of my environment. I have seen only one. Loved your answers! Have a nice Wednesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Australian lighthouse is really something! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, I love the lighthouse you visited, a beautiful building and location! I inherited several collections from my Grandmother, they were special to her, but just collecting dust at my house. Maybe I should find a home for them with someone who appreciates them or for a good cause like you did. Have a good week.
    Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lighthouse! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.