Friday 23 August 2019

Friday's Favourite Five - 23/8/19






It's Friday so time again to look back on the week and find five favourite things.  This meme is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story.  Pop over there to find out more and see who else is taking part.

Well I missed last week and I really should be packing at the moment but it's good to catch a quiet few minutes with a cup of tea and reflect on the week.
Here are mine for this week:

1)  Very thankful that my American DIL chose to make her home here in the UK with my son.  They've just got back safely from visiting her family in Vermont and I missed this little one.  But thankful that I get to see so much of him.  He was clearly excited about going on the plane.  He didn't sleep through the whole flight.  His parents were not happy.  He also required several nappy (diaper) changes!  Glad I didn't have to share that experience.

 2)  Noah time!  We spent Saturday & Sunday with him (& parents) in Nottingham.  It was a few weeks since we'd seen him and he is much more mobile now.  And sleeping better!
This picture was taken this week after his first haircut.


3)  And of course I can't leave Nathan out.  Was thankful to be able to help his Mummies out this week with an extra day of grandsitting.  He's been unwell with what's probably some sort of virus.  Mostly he's fine but keeps throwing a high temperature so no nursery for him.  He does love playing with his new water toy and his speech is coming on in leaps and bounds - we'll have to be very careful what we say in front of him from now on!
 

 4)  My organisational & cooking skills!  We're about to go off on our extended family holiday trip to Kent and I co-ordinate the shopping.  I've also prepared a bolognese sauce for tonight's dinner.  Yesterday was busy!






5)  Finding time to enjoy my new bench in the garden - and that glass of wine!

 Cheers!  Have a good weekend.  (Now I'm off to pack!  Apologies if I don't make it around to your posts this week.  Wifi at the holiday home is not great and it will be hectic - but fun.)



7 comments:

  1. Fortunately we never had to travel when Dario was a baby ! At that time I have never seen babies on a plane and now it's totally normal ! You will have nice family time together ! I have seen Toby only with Whatsapp he starts school on Monday !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are all the family meeting up? I remember from previous years that will be quite a gathering. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a busy week. Adorable grandsons! Glad the language development is coming along :)
    Happy Vacation time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your grandson traveled so well! And that you had great time with your grandkids this week. Hope you all have a great time on your family holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was fun, catching up with the boys and YOU! Wishing you all safe travels and tons of fun during your time in Kent. Can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed your favorites this week! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun favorites this week. What a happy little guy on that plane. That is a long trip for him not to have napped! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.