Friday 2 August 2019

Friday's Fave Five - 2/8/19


How can it be Friday already?

Although it's actually been a reasonably quiet week.  These are the more challenging weeks to find things to be grateful for but that's the whole point of this exercise, hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story.  Pop over there to see more.

Here are mine for this week:

1)  A quiet week.  I only had one day of Grandsitting this week.  

2)  Spending birthday money.  I wrote about that here.

3)  Catching up on jobs.  Always nice to see an empty laundry basket! lol

4)  Getting my hair done.  Always nice to have a bit of pampering.

5)  Reading time.   I've managed some reading time this week but actually gave up on a couple of books.  I hate not finishing books but these were both 2 that hubby had read so I thought I'd give them a try.  Turned out they really weren't my thing so I opted to not finish them.  I also managed to get to the library and picked up a few books that look more my cup of tea.  I've already finished one of those.

Well I needed a quiet week - the weekend is going to be busy.  I'm babysitting Nathan this evening then I have Rory for the weekend while his parents attend a wedding in Bristol.  He's usually quite easy to look after, he's a happy boy and he goes to bed without too much trouble.  However it's a very early start tomorrow (6.15am) and he's currently waking up between 5 and 6 am so no lie in on Sunday either.  I think we'll both be very relieved when his parents get back!

Have a good weekend all.




8 comments:

  1. A quiet week!! I need one!! Have fun with the little one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quiet week with some pampering thrown in sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiet weeks are nice. Mine have been busy with dealing with my 96 year old mother who had a back injury. She's better now so maybe I'll at least have a quiet weekend!

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont like quiet weeks because besides blogging I have nothing to do ! In your case I would love et too ! Toby and parents came back this night from southern France.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love quiet weeks, and yours sounds cozy. Especially the reading and spending birthday money! It does feel good to get hair and household tasks done, too. Hope all goes well with your baby-sitting this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you were up with the lark today! I hope you're surviving the weekend, although it sounds a lot of fun!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes the quiet weeks are the blessings themselves. Time for the body and soul to refresh. How fun spending your vouchers. Love the little garden ornaments. I've come to the point where I don't regret not finishing books I'm not getting into. So many books I really want to read it's sometimes just not worth pushing through.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think life sneaks up on us and we don't realize how busy we are. We need those quiet weeks.
    I liken not finishing a book I don't like to being a kid again. Children will not 'waste' time on a book they don't like (unless it's for school), but adults tend to finish a book no matter whether they like it or not. I much prefer the children's method. No wasting my time...

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.