Friday 23 August 2019

August challenge - up to Day 22!

Anddddd another catch up!

How can it be almost a week since I was here.  Well a weekend away (visiting Noah in Nottingham) followed by two days back to back with Nathan (he's got some sort of viral thing going on - he seems generally fine but his temp keeps going up) and since then planning for our extended family holiday!

Planning and doing online shops for all the food takes A LOT OF TIME!  They don't call me Mrs Organised for nothing but I'm not feeling very organised at the moment. But bolognese sauce is prepared for tomorrow night, my ironing is done, shopping orders are placed for tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday sooooo a few moments free to be here.

Apologies in advance for not catching up with you.  It's been a whirlwind week and next week (starting tomorrow) will be family time.  Also the wifi at the house isn't great.  I have to find just the right spot to keep on top of the shopping orders.  However the weather forecast is looking good and all my grandbabies will be there so what's not to like?

Right now, Day 17 of the challenge was: Picnic.  Here is a picnic bar:
Picture taken from Tea & Sympathy blog       
I have never eaten a picnic bar.  It contains nuts.  I am not allergic to nuts, I just don't like the texture of them and try to avoid them.  Even those wrapped in delicious chocolate.

I also possess one of those lovely picnic baskets - the sort that hold your plates and cutlery etc in place and has space for your food.  I don't have time to take a picture.  Trust me, it exists.

Day 18 was "My Hands"


There - done!

Day 19 was "Movement"

That was Monday.  I certainly moved - here's the evidence:

Day 20 was "Two"

Well I could be artful and repeat my two hands but instead I'll give you my two feet!


Hmm not a pretty sight but I'm trying to get this done as fast as I can and at least I can take my feet together.

Day 21 was "Right Now"

Well of course that was yesterday.and I didn't take one photo yesterday but let's pretend this was then and not today

Well someone had to drink the wine that wasn't needed for the bolognese sauce!

Today's prompt (22nd) is "Clouds"

I think I was in the Olympic park when I took this.  It was a couple of years ago.

Woo hoo all caught up!

My plan was to prepare the posts for the next week in advance and have them scheduled to appear on the relevant day.  I'm now working on Plan B - another catch up in a week's time!


4 comments:

  1. Been missing you and glad it was just family busy-ness!! Good catch-up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done catch up. That candy bar looks like a PayDay or something like that. I haven't heard of picnic bars before. Nice hands and feet and yes, of course, finish the wine :)

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have decided that blog challenges are not for me after my last A-Z blog challenge in April. I kind of have a negative bounce back from all that blogging. Then I don't blog having gotten worn out by it. Once year I did a "catch up" post similar to yours - except that I did 5 or 6 separate blogs and published them all at once. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the catch up.
    Take photos of all your family fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.