Friday 9 August 2019

Friday's Fave Five 9/8/19

It's Friday so time again to look back on the week and find five favourite things.  This meme is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story.  Pop over there to find out more and see who else is taking part.

Here are mine for this week:

1) Lots of time with Grandkids.  I babysat Nathan on Friday, we looked after Rory all weekend and then I had Nathan as usual on Monday.  Yes it's exhausting but I am just so grateful that I get to spend to spend so much time with them and hopefully make lasting memories for them.  I only grew up knowing one set of grandparents but I know what impact my Mum and hubby's parents have had on my kids and I want that for our Grandkids.

Looking forward to seeing this munchkin next weekend.  It's too long since we've seen Noah and he's doing so much more.  We try and see them as often as we can but I'm glad that his other grandparents live much closer and he sees lots of them.
 


2)  Blogging more regularly.  Last month I didn't blog a great deal but, thanks to a challenge, this month I'm getting back into the habit of blogging more.  I like exercising my brain in different ways and blogging is part of that plus .....

3)  The support from the blogging community.  I'm grateful to all of you that follow my blog and leave me lovely comments.  Responding to all the comments is difficult at times and I'm not sure if replying to them on blogger gets picked up by everyone but I do appreciate them.

4)  Time to sit in the garden.  My garden's looking good at the moment and it's been nice to have time this week to get out there and just relax.

5)  Sort of sticking to a diet.  Hubby and I have been trying to eat better the last week or so.  Less carbs, less food lol.  Hopefully the scales will look better on Monday!

Well the diet went out the window today as it was my turn to host lunch for my friends but no plans yet for the weekend so hopefully not too much damage done.

Enjoy your weekend whatever you're up to.



6 comments:

  1. I know you love time with those kiddos!! And time to read is the best! Happy weekend, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noah is such a cutie and he's getting so big. Boy, they grow fast. So nice that you are able to see all the grands as much as you do. Our evenings have cooled off just a tad, and it's so nice to sit outside and enjoy the gardens now that most of the work for them is done. Enjoy your weekend, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice you get to spend so much time with the grandkids. It's been too hot still to sit outside here except sometimes in the evenings. Sounds great to be able to just enjoy the garden for a bit and have a respite from weeding, etc. We need to lower carbs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. How cute your grandson is in those Jammie's!! He's just adorable!
    How is the one with sleeping issues doing? I've been thinking about him!
    We've had a perfect summer week.....no AC needed until today when the temps climbed back up to 85 with some high humidity, but i was able to sit out on the deck all weekend long.
    Keep up the good work on your healthier eating, I'm finding that going plant based is really much easier, as long as we choose the healthy complex carbs and NOT the white processed icky full of sugar carbs! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being with your grandkids so much is definitely a blessing for both you and them. I am so happy for you!
    Time to sit in the garden--just the thought and the vision I have of your doing that makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for making the effort to blog regularly. I've lost my drive with it for sure, but I still find it to be a great supportive community and treasure all the bloggy friendships I've made over the years. Enjoy that Noah time!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.