Sunday 3 May 2020

20 in 20 - April Update

April was spent in lockdown due to the Covid-19 and at present there is no end in sight.  Well a review is due this week but I'm not expecting to see massive changes.  However life goes on, albeit differently so here is my April update:


1. Fill out weekly/daily planner
Well I'm still doing this but it's getting pretty boring as it's pretty much the same every week!


2. Garden projects: Get window boxes for front garden plus big planters. Stepping stones for rear garden.
Nothing new here apart from keeping the grass cut and the bird feeders filled.  Major plans on hold a) due to lockdown and b) hoping to move.


3. Plan a lunch date/date night with Nick once a month (theatre/cinema/meal/outing)
We're still doing our daily walks and we have spent a few evenings playing cards.  Hardly dates lol


4. Eat at 6 new-to-me restaurants
With restaurants closed for the foreseeable future this might not get completed any time soon.


5. Complete the A – Z blogging challenge

Done

6. Plan Family weekend for my birthday
Given up on making any plans right now.

 

7. Take up an exercise class
Well I might if I could!  Yes I know you're probably all shouting "what about all the online ones?"  but I really can't find the motivation right now.(Yep no change from my March update.)


8. Plan a road trip/holiday with hubby.
Hopefully one day!


9. Visit the beach
At some point!


10. Complete my reading challenge (52 books for the year)
This month was better - I managed to read 7 books so I'm still on track for this.  Of course I have no new library books to read but there are plenty of books on my TBR pile.  Plus I've decided I can justify getting books for my Kindle app from the money we're saving on things like visits to the Hairdressers! Full details can be found on my Goodreads page here.


11. Keep a gratitude diary
March April was not a good month for this.  I need to focus on it more!



12. Blog at least once per week (plus regular memes)
April was a really good month for posts as I took part in the A-Z challenge and still kept up with my regular posts! 


13. Take a photo each week and blog about it.
Going to plan.

 
14. Read 12 books on my TBR pile.  

I read 5 books from my TBR pile during April so well on track!

15. Finish knitting WIP (blanket of squares)
Still not finished the WIP but I've finished the blanket I started last month and have started another. More Grandkids on the way!



16. Try out a new recipe or do a bake each month 

Well I'm going to  stretch this one a bit.  We are still having HelloFresh deliveries and also Simply Cook from time to time and many of those are new recipes to us.

17. Visit/see Noah every month
We haven't seen him since 29th February so this target definitely won't be met this year.  


18. Get damp treatment done in house
At this point in time our house still has a buyer and they are aware that damp treatment is needed.  We reduced our price to reflect that.  Whether we will still have a buyer once restrictions are changed so that we can proceed with the house sale/purchase who knows? 


19. Maintain weight
I even managed to lose 1lb!


20. Be kind to myself. Whilst I think it's good to set myself challenges sometimes life gets in the way or I just have days where I really can't be bothered. I need to accept this and not be hard on myself when things don't go to plan.
Ha "sometimes life gets in the way"  little did I know!



Well more ✅ this month than last so I'm pleased with that, all things considered.  I definitely have good days and bad days at present.  Some days I get up, make a list and keep motivated throughout the day.  Others I just want to stay under the duvet and lose myself in a book or mindless games.  And then I feel bad because we are actually in a much better position than so many people and I really have nothing to complain about.  Thankfully Hubby is still talking to me too! 😅

5 comments:

  1. This is such a crazy, challenging time, but it sounds like you are keeping up with most of your goals. I need to do a 2020 goal check-in as well. Glad you are able to do so much reading. If I make it to 40 books this year, that will be good for me. My goal is two a month. Have a great weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More checks than X's so you are doing great, Wendy. Not even at the half-way mark of the year yet and there are some different circumstances...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As longer as this lockdown lasts the less energy I have ! We are still blocked until Tuesday next week when our estate agent can finally come with an expert for asbestos apparently there is a bit in the tiles of the roof and they want to put solar pannels !
    I can't do anything either for the move, because they just started with opening fabric stores !! and some companies are open and people start to work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I think you're doing really well all things considered. I need to revisit my list : )

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.