Saturday 30 May 2020

Review - Sail - James Patterson & Howard Roughan

SailSail by James Patterson
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Since the death of her husband, Anne Dunne and her three children have struggled in every way. In a last ditch effort to save the family, Anne plans an elaborate sailing vacation to bring everyone together once again. But only an hour out of port, everything is going wrong. The teenage daughter, Carrie, is planning to drown herself. The teenage son, Mark, is high on drugs and ten-year-old Ernie is nearly catatonic. This is the worst vacation ever.

Anne manages to pull things together bit by bit, but just as they begin feeling like a family again, something catastrophic happens. Survival may be the least of their concerns.
Written with the blistering pace and shocking twists that only James Patterson can master, Sail takes "Lost" and "Survivor" to a new level of terror.


Patterson should never win any prizes for literary content but this must be the worst book of his I’ve read. Normally I’d say he can put together a good thriller that keeps you turning pages but this just felt like it was a first draft with no depth or detail. Probably explains why I managed to finish it in a day. Thankfully it was a charity shop purchase. I’d be angry if I’d paid full price for it.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I quit reading Patterson many years ago (and Stephen King) because all the books seemed to be from the same outline. I appreciate your review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. This one had been on my TBR pile for a while. Now it's on the pile to get rid of lol

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.