Saturday 30 May 2020

Friday's Fave Five - on Saturday! 30/5/20


Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story.  It's a place to come together and share our blessings of the week.  Pop over there to find out how to join in and who else is taking part.

Yes I know it's Saturday and this is supposed to be a Friday post.  I just didn't feel like doing it yesterday.  Actually I just didn't feel like doing much at all the last couple of days.  We are still in Lockdown, although things will be easing slightly on Monday.  We are still in limbo with the house moving.  In theory we still have a buyer but we don't know if they still have a buyer so there's no point in getting set on a house until we know for sure what the situation is.

All of this has left me feeling demotivated this last few days but that's why it's even more important to join in with this meme and remember that I do have things to be grateful for.

Here goes:

1)  A socially distanced chat with 2 of my "Ladies Lunch" group.  They walked over to me and I joined them on the common by my house.  It was so nice to see them after so many weeks of us all "Staying at home"!

2)  Beautiful weather.  It has been warm (even hot) and sunny here most of the week.  It makes such a difference, especially when our only outings are for a walk each day.

3)  Video chats with family members.  It's really hard not being able to see the Grandkids (and their parents of course)  but being able to chat with them and watch videos of their antics does help.  We didn't see evidence of Noah putting a tea bag in the toaster but we certainly heard about it!  Fortunately no damage was done.  He's a climber.

4)  Deliveries still coming.  I ordered a few things for Rory's birthday and they've all arrived which is good because his birthday is on Monday.  Our food deliveries keep arriving and because they changed the day this week due to the bank holiday and didn't notify us until the last minute they reduced the cost of the box this week.  I mean I never expected it to arrive on the Monday but hey if they want to give me a credit I'm not going to argue.  They even offered to give me a reduction on next week if I swapped the delivery day to Tuesday but actually I prefer it to arrive on Monday so I declined.

5)  Lots of reading time and Kindle downloads.  I've felt more like reading the past few weeks and I've read quite a few books from my TBR pile but this week I also downloaded a few to my Kindle app, 2 of which I've already finished!

Today has been a better day and I'm looking forward to seeing Rory and my son and his wife on Monday.  The plan is to stay socially distanced in their communal garden.  Not sure how well that's going to work with Rory but we'll do our best.  And my DIL has promised cake!  I'll try and keep my positive hat on too.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend all.

12 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Rory! I'm glad you got to visit with two of your dear friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find I have to 'go through the motions' to keep my spirits up these days. This is a long, drawn-out affair. Reading has helped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have good days and less good days.

      Delete
  3. Glad you can jump in at anytime! Happy birthday to Rory. Glad his gifts arrived. Deliveries here are touch and go as to how fast they come because of the huge volumes they had to deal with. Beautiful weather has absolutely been a blessing, we've had it here too. I've been doing some good reading too. I had a hard time at the beginning of isolation. Enjoy your party with Rory this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. here in NY we've had amazing spring weather as well....in fact for a couple of days last week it felt like summer! glad you're starting to open up over there....we've been in phasee 1 now for a little over a week and it's WONDERFUL! my hair stylist came to my home as she can't open her shop for another 2 weeks ...she gave me and my 2 daughters haircuts and colored mine! YAY!!!

    Enjoy the upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish I could get my hair sorted - it's such a mess lol

      Delete
  5. The weather has been lovely here as well. It’s nice to be able to get outside in the yard again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last few days have been really hot but we're due to cool down again by the end of this week.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday to Rory!
    Our nice weather will end tomorrow. It has been so lovely the past few days.
    Stay well,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today is Monday and so it's Rory's birthday! Happy Birthday to him! Did you get cake?
    It is hard being in limbo about house sales--I know!
    Hurray for lovely weather for walking and sitting in the garden!
    Have a safe and healthy week!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.