Wednesday 6 May 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 6/5/20

Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
From this side of the pond

If you want to take part or just see what others have posted pop over to Joyce's page - the Linky List is at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

1.  Question day this week lands on Cinco de Mayo. Are/were tacos on your Tuesday night menu? Hard shell, soft shell or just gimme all the tacos? Are you even a fan of Mexican food? Do you like your salsa mild, spicy, or somewhere in between? Margaritas-Frozen, on the rocks, or no thank you? Have you ever been to Mexico?
Well I had to google Cinco de Mayo so no we did not have tacos yesterday.  We rarely have tacos.  I don't dislike Mexican food but I'm not a fan of anything too spicy so not my favourite choice of food.  No Margaritas for me thank you and no, I've never been to Mexico.
 
2. What's something you may do this month?
Hard to know when we're still in lockdown and no details available until at least Sunday as to how it might gradually be eased.  Cut my own fringe (bangs) ?  

3. Tell us what's happening in your state or town as far as restaurants/salons/parks/beaches/businesses opening up. How do you feel about it? Are you out and about or hunkered down? Do you wear a mask?
We're still hunkered down and although things may be eased slightly after the weekend we'll probably stay hunkered down for a while.  With so many people in London it's hard to see how social distancing can be achieved if too many people start moving about.  Public transport will not be able to cope if too many people go back to work but I think many people who can work from home will continue to do so.  Masks are not compulsory at the moment but I think if we had to go out and about I would want to wear one.

4. Mother nature, everybody and their mother, mom jeans, like mother like daughter, soccer mom, mother hen, mother lode, necessity is the mother of invention, stay-at-home mom...pick one and tell us how it applies to your life right now.
Right now it feels hard to be a Mum when you can't be with family members who are struggling with this situation and give them a hug or help out coping with the Grandkids and trying to work from home.

5. April showers bring May flowers...what's blooming in your yard or garden today? 
My roses are blooming!  And lots of other stuff too. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 
Despite all the doom and gloom mentioned above I am having a better week!
 

8 comments:

  1. I agree with you that it's hard to be a Mum right now. We are retired and mot able to visit and spoil our grandchildren or help out with them. That is very hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's what I'm finding the most difficult.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are having a better week, Wendy! I enjoyed your answers and am always interested in how things are there, compared to here. Stay well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you are not running right out the moment they life the restrictions. We are still closed down in Maryland USA - masks required in stores and public transportation and social distancing. I will probably maintain those requirements even after they are lifted - I've seen and heard too many news stories about how sick some get and such sad deaths without loved ones near to risk getting sick myself the moment they lift the requirements. Business as usual won't return for me until they have a vaccine and a few meds to combat this. That could take more than a year. The only thing I am aching to do is be with my family again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we will definitely be taking it slow.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you are having a better week. When visiting London in the past we were struck with the sea of humanity encountered everywhere we turned. So...I can understand the questions on how social distancing can even work in London. Here's hoping for days of strong immune systems working themselves out so we can go about and not feel compromised. Hope you can see your family soon and hug your grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen. Yes there is a lot of great community spirit going on. I think the big thing with this virus is not knowing how badly you might be affected. If I could be sure all I would get was a flu like dose I wouldn't worry so much about going out but when you see the death rates and how badly it hits some people it's really scary.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.