Friday 1 May 2020

Friday's Fave Five - 1/5/20




We are on day 39 of Lock Down here in the UK due to Covid-19.  In these difficult times it's even more important to take a breath from time to time and be positive.  That's why this meme hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story is a lovely place to come and share our gratitude and positivity.  Check out the link above to find who else is taking part.

Well we are at the start of a new month and there seems to be no end in sight to the lockdown here.  We were told yesterday that they believe we've passed the first peak but still have a long way to go.  The lockdown is being reviewed next week but although the Government plan to set out its strategy on easing restrictions I'm not sure we'll see many changes any time soon.

To be honest I'm not sure I'll be venturing very far initially anyway.  I do not want to catch this virus.  I do hope that we might be able to see family members soon though.  Not seeing them and especially the Grandkids is getting harder.  Yesterday Nathan was asking why don't Nanny and Grandpa come to see me?  Had me in tears.  It was not a good day.  I took my daily walk and got caught in a downpour.  It felt appropriate for my mood.

But hey today is another day.  There has been more sunshine and there are things to be grateful for: 

1)  Delivery services still running.  We've had a food delivery this week (HelloFresh), ink cartridges for the printer, a replacement charger for hubby's work laptop and food for the birds.  All delivered safely and quarantined appropriately.

2)  Jigsaw puzzles.  I did another couple this week and I still have quite a few left that I haven't done.






3)  I met the goals I set myself last week

Well the bedtime routine still isn't great but the Fitbit showed I'd achieved the others.

4)  Walking everyday.  Even though it's been quite wet this week we've managed to get out every day.  (Hubby missed yesterday but he was cooking dinner.)

5)  Apart from our confinement we are fortunate that, so far, we have not really been affected by this virus.  All our family are well and we have not been hit financially either.  I know that's not the case for so many people.  

So that's my list for this week.  I know that I have a lot to be grateful for but I can't always stop the negative feelings creeping in from time to time.  Thankfully my hubby is very supportive and, even though we are spending more time together than usual, we have managed not to fall out with one another.  (We've come close a few times but managed to survive!)  Oh and I managed to complete the A-Z blogging challenge!

I hope you and yours are safe and well.



 

7 comments:

  1. Hello. I love your list of Faves. This is sure a weird time, isn't it? I guess we are all just getting through it as best we can - trying to stay well and sane. I love your puzzles, your goals and your daily walks. Things are starting to open up a bit here in the US, and I am afraid it is too soon. Too many people here in the US aren't taking the virus seriously. Stay well. I will be by to visit again soon. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. That's an impressive list of achievements. Not seeing the grandkids must be so hard as you are a huge part of their lives. Keep on holding those positive thoughts in your head and you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're thankful, too, that we've been well and our immediate family has not lost jobs. My husband and I have decided to keep doing what we're doing for a while even after things start opening up. I worked through a to-do list this week, too, and it helped mentally as well as getting the things done. I'm glad you're grtting out for wslkd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are grateful here too that we don't know anyone with covid and that we are all still working and getting regular pay.

    Love daily walks!!

    Yay for goals accomplished!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so hard to be away from loved ones. I will be happy when it is all over and we are safe to be near our friends and family again. I worry for the financial toll on everyone. I worry for the folks who refuse to take it seriously enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a good list, Wendy, except for sweet little Nathan missing you so much. Things are easing a bit here, thank goodness. Time will tell how we are doing. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine how hard it is for small grandchildren to get why they can't see their grandparents whom they saw regularly before. Hopefully that will change soon. Good for you for setting some goals and writing them down. It's so easy to just let the time drift away during this time. For me the days seem so long and yet they just disappear and before I know it's evening and I haven't gotten a darn thing accomplished. Our provincial gov't has announced they are going to start relaunching the province to open up in phases starting May 14. It seemed to come out of nowhere as we are still watching our provincial numbers climb and our Canadian gov't is still urging people to stay home. Such mixed messages we are getting. And of course people's opinions seem to be on the extreme end of things. But we are thankful we are healthy and we know no one who has had the virus. Stay well and strong and I hope your week is better emotionally for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.