Friday 22 May 2020

Friday's Fave Five - 22/5/20


We are on day 60 of Lock Down here in the UK due to Covid-19.   In these difficult times it's even more important to take a breath from time to time and be positive.  That's why this meme hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story is a lovely place to come and share our gratitude and positivity.  Check out the link above to find who else is taking part.

Here are mine:

1)  3 Grandchildren on the way.  Our 3rd DIL had her 12 week scan this week and all is well so I can share that news.  Christmas is going to be hectic this year!

2)  Lots of phone calls catching up with family members this week.  When the lockdown started I set myself a challenge to try and make a phone call each day to a different person, either an extended family member or friend just to see how they're doing and catch up.  This week I've been better at remembering to make a call.  It's good to talk.

3)  Slightly better news than we had feared for one of my SILs.  She had been diagnosed with secondary cancer but following scans etc this week the news is, yes you have cancer but you can live with it.  Much better than being given a time limit.

4)  Beautiful weather this week.  I've been out for a short walk everyday and the garden is looking lovely too.  Helps to keep the positive attitude going.

5)  Webcasts of funerals.  My elderly Aunt passed away last Sunday, not from the virus but existing health issues.  She was 88 and the last of the 4 sisters on my Mum's side of the family.  In normal circumstances we would have attended her funeral but that's not possible right now.  However the cremation service was available to us via a webcast so at least we could see and listen to it.  Not the same as being there of course but good not to be totally excluded.

I hope you're all keeping well and sane in these difficult times.  Enjoy the weekend.


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations again on the coming babies!! I'm sorry for the loss of your aunt and I am glad you got to witness the service by computer. I will pray that your SIL will be able to defeat her cancer and that it will stay in remission. Do please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m sorry to hear about your aunt. My uncle died last month and we were able to stand graveside as long as we were all social distancing. With web-casting elderly people who might not have been able to make it to the funeral (even without the virus) are able to see it. That’s nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to have three grandchildren on the way! What a nice goal to check in with someone every day. Some friends have texted, which is a nice gesture that they are thinking of me. We have a group text of ladies from church (we're in a small church, so it's not overwhelming), and it's nice to have various ones chime in with what they're doing. So glad your s-i-l's cancer isn't terminal. I've been thankful for webcast funerals, too--even aside from the virus, we can't always travel for those as much as we would like to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three?!! Oh, my, I think I missed the news on #2. How exciting for you all. Congratulations, you must be over the moon! I'm sorry for the loss of your aunt. It's sad that she is the last of the sisters. It's the end of an era. Great news for your SIL. I have slacked on on keeping in touch with family and friends, and you've reminded me to mark my calendar with a couple of names, to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing to have THREE grandbabies coming! You're going to be a busy grandma. (Maybe you need to move to a BIG house to accommodate all those littles.)
    And then the circle of life brings loss and sadness, too. I'm sorry that you have lost your aunt.
    Hurray for the walks! We've been out every day, too.
    Stay safe over there!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.