Friday 8 May 2020

Friday's Fave Five - 8/5/20


We are on day 46 of Lock Down here in the UK due to Covid-19.  In these difficult times it's even more important to take a breath from time to time and be positive.  That's why this meme hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story is a lovely place to come and share our gratitude and positivity.  Check out the link above to find who else is taking part.

But....it's hard to find new things every week so forgive the repetition:


1)  Video chats with the kids.  I think I'd really lose the plot without those!


2)  Good weather which means getting out for a walk everyday has been ok.


3)  A hubby who cooks!  Yep that one's on repeat, he just keeps cooking and I'm so thankful for that.  (He did ask how he could help during this crisis and cooking was my response!)


4)  We're all fit and well.  Including the growing bumps.  One DIL is really suffering with morning all day sickness but hopefully that will start to pass soon.


5)  Flowers from my daughter and a peek at a sleeping Nathan!  They drove past to collect something I'd managed to get for them.  Nathan was asleep in the car but that was probably best - if he'd been awake and seen us he wouldn't have coped with not being able to come close to us.  But it was good to see them.



I hope you and yours are all safe and well.

11 comments:

  1. How great that you got to see Nathan in person!! A hubby that cooks... every girl's dream!! Good to read your Friday Five!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. It was a very brief stop by and he was asleep but it still helped!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes the simple things are the best, especially in times like these. I, too, am finding it harder to come up with something different each week. I guess being grateful for that some things will be consistently good is one of them. A hubby that cooks -- that is awesome! Mine admits his repertoire is limited -- grilled cheese sandwiches and pancakes ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well between HelloFresh and SimplyCook he hasn't had to be very inventive lol but he can be when he needs to.

      Delete
  3. It's funny but I'm not finding it hard to list five different things each week. Life is FULL of blessings.....look for the simple things: the way the curtains move in a spring breeze, the opening of the tulips, the scent of the newly blooming lilacs, the smell of fresh roasted coffee ( or i guess where you live, tea!) your grandsons smiles, soooo many blessings all around us, Scripture that encourages and comforts, a fave song, a fave movie rewatched, a good book.

    Anyways....glad you all are safe and well! Happy Mother's Day!,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely tea here! And yes you're right about the simple things - I guess we've had bigger things going on in the past and overlooked those.

      Delete
  4. I know what you mean--at first all I could come up with this week were the same things from previous weeks. But that's ok--it's good to still be thankful for them.

    I'm so thankful for video chats, too. This quarantine would be so much worse without them. We've had a bit of rain, and it got really cold last night, but we have had beautiful weather at times, too. I should get out for walks. I ride an exercise bike, but should probably walk some, too.

    That's great that your husband cooks! That's one thing hard for me--we used to get takeout at least once a week, and I miss the break from cooking.

    The flowers are so pretty. Glad you caught a glimpse of Nathan. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. We used to have an exercise bike but I used it so rarely we got rid of it. Would probably have been used more now.

      Delete
  5. Flowers have been the things that have gotten me though this. I have been doing some planting, although it’s still pretty cold here. I’ve also been buying bouquets from the market.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you got to see Nathan even though he didn't get to see you. That is a wonderful Mother's Day gift.
    Daily walks are truly a blessing. I don't think we will ever take them for granted again.
    Take care and stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet that you got to see sleeping Nathan in person and not just over your computer or phone even though you couldn't give him those hugs I know you must be itching to give him. What a blessing to have a hubby who cooks and helps out with that!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.