Saturday 16 May 2020

#SoCS - 16/5/20 - Want



Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “want.” Make the word “want” the first, second, or third word of your post. Have fun!

Haven't done one of these for a while.  You can join in here.
Thanks to Linda for the prompt. 

I want to wake up tomorrow and find this whole corona virus thing has been a nightmare.

Yep I know that's not going to happen so just have to get on with it.  To be fair, although here in London it's been awful and we're still locked down pretty tight, it hasn't really been too bad for us.

We have a roof over our heads, we are still putting food on the table and Hubby has got to grips with working from home.  I'm still getting to grips with having him home ALL the time but now that we are allowed to take more than one daily walk I can at least look forward to some time and space on my own.

The worst thing for us has been not seeing the family, especially the grandbabies.  I miss them so much but technology does help.  It would be so much worse if this had happened pre Internet or video calls etc.  Imagine that?  No I don't want to either!  

Things were eased slightly in the UK this week, well England - there's a bit of divide opening up between us and the other countries.  We now don't have to stay home, instead we have to stay alert!

The message is ridiculous because actually the Government are still telling us to stay at home and socially distance unless we have to go to work.  (Thankfully neither of us do.)  But if we do have to go to work we shouldn't use public transport unless we have to.  In London that is not an option for most people going to work everyday!  Oh it's ok to use your car.  But then you give notice that you're going to make it easier for cyclists and pedestrians to move about and socially distance so....don't try using your car - you'll just get stuck in gridlock!

Better off just staying in lockdown if you can.  We are.

4 comments:

  1. Crazy times to be sure. Things are opening up more and more here in the U.S., especially here in Utah where I am. I worry that it is too soon. The cases of COVID are increasing each day as are the deaths. Some people are completely disregarding masks and social distancing. I had one "friend" (former friend) make a comparison to Nazis when I offered to make masks for her and her family. Crazy. This thing is straining all of us and our society for sure. It will be great with more treatments and vaccines come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next week, Florida is allowing 50% occupancy in retail stores and restaurants (up from the 25% allowed the last two weeks) and gyms and pools will be opening by June 1. Whew! It's been a long haul. We do still need to remain vigilant and careful. Sure don't WANT to go back to lock down!! You will so enjoy those little guys in person, soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same wish !! 24 h with even the best husband of the world is too much ! What keeps me up is that I have to prepare the move, choose curtains and other things. We will move on June 16 ! It's like going on hoidays for me ! I am so fed up of this house ! Nothing is happening here, not even a cat fight ! In the city center we can at least count cars and watch neighbours, my friend Nicole wants to offer us binoculars !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, Wendy, I had to smile. I have woke up in the mornings hoping the entire COVID19 was a bad dream too. You and me both... wish it were true.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.