Sunday 24 May 2020

#WDIIA - Sunday 24/5/20

Well my Fitbit tells me it's Sunday so it must be so.  Am I the only one losing track of the days here?  As as for the actual date - well thankfully my Fitbit tells me that too!

Today has been a lazy day.  We did get out for a walk but I've spent most of the day looking at houses for sale on my laptop.  We're still waiting to hear that our chain is definitely still intact so it's hard to get too excited yet.  I have bookmarked a few houses that look promising but I'm not sure how the viewing process is going to work.  

Some agents seem to be saying they'll be doing virtual viewings - hopefully that would be like a video call so that you could direct them on what you want to see rather than the agent not showing you things they don't want you to see.  Others seem to be putting steps in place so that one of us could go and view the property and be socially distanced and safe. It's all a bit nerve wracking.

I've sent the house details to Hubby so we could end up viewing none of them if he doesn't like them.  It's been fun looking at them all though and working through all the estate agent's jargon and trying to visualise what a wrong might look like without the various decorating disasters - or with furniture in if the place is empty.

Although it's likely to be difficult to find and purchase a house at this time at least it would give me a sense of purpose.  I think that's what I'm finding hard at the moment.  Not knowing whether we're staying or going makes it hard to focus on doing much at home.  I'm not always the most patient of people!

But another day is almost over.  That must be one day closer to a successful treatment or vaccine right?  Let's hope so.  

Apparently it's a Bank Holiday tomorrow.  Who knew?  Well I do now because they e-mailed today to tell me our HelloFresh box will be delayed until Tuesday.  Because they notified me so late they've also given me a £10 credit.  Not going to complain about that!  Better go and get something out of the freezer for tomorrow's dinner before I forget.

4 comments:

  1. Your bank holiday is our Memorial Day, honoring our lost soldiers. I sure hope the house situation all works out for you guys! Things are easing here a lot now so maybe it will get easier there too, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our county in our State is still locked down - without much change. We will have a fair amount of Covid so it is appropriate. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving houses is so nerve wracking, but exciting at the same time. I have no patience for being in "limbo" so I sympathize! I have a friend who has moved a lot. The last few houses, she didn't even see until after the sale. Her husband took pictures and they decided from there. I don't think I could give up that much control. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not just you, even I have been losing track of the days!
    Moving houses isn't easy, especially nowadays. Even in India many builders are providing the option to look at houses virtually. Some consolation, but it's never like seeing a building physically.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.