Thursday 7 May 2020

A - Z Challenge 2020 - Reflections!


Well it's taken me a week to get around to doing this but here goes.

I completed all the letters and on time!  I think that's a first for me.  I've always managed to do a post for every letter (even when they didn't work too well with my theme) but sometimes I've been playing catch up for a day or two.  This year all my posts went up on time even though I wasn't particularly well prepared.

I chose my theme (Moving House) a while back and started preparing some of the posts and at least thinking about what I could write about.  Then Covid-19 reared it's head and our whole situation changed.

Here in London it's been particularly bad and my borough (Newham) is the worst for deaths.  It's been pretty scary and we've been staying home for nearly 7 weeks now.  Moving house is not going to happen anytime soon.

However I stuck to my theme and just added bits and pieces here and there to reflect the current situation.

Overall I'm pleased with how things went but I did notice that traffic levels seemed much lower this year.  I did manage to visit the main A-Z blog site most days and I did have a few new visitors to my blog.  I returned the favour and visited back.  Maybe everyone was feeling a bit like me - I found it very hard to concentrate on much during this time.  The first couple of weeks weren't too bad but after that even reading didn't hold my attention for very long.   Consequently I didn't get around to visiting other blogs as much as I normally would.  I feel bad about that but maybe I'll do better on the roadtrip this year.


14 comments:

  1. I hope you will be able to move soon. You did a great job managing the challenge, and not moving ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you for all your visits.

      Delete
  2. Good: you're planning on doing the roadtrip! I think lots of people are going to do it, because as you said everyone was worried about you-know-what...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need something to movivate me to visit other participants. I wasn't very good on that during the challenge.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed your A-Z this year (and every year). Keep us posted on things there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your moving posts. You will be especially prepared when the time comes. Real estate is opening up here in our part of California so I have hopes for you. I didn't visit as many blogs either because I got really busy with work but I do plan on visiting during the Road trip.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I participated in this even 2 or 3 times. I believe that is how I found your blog. In the last few years I lost my desire to do these kinds of events. It takes a certain amount of discipline that I don't seem to have anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard doing it every day but I did preplan some of it so that helped.

      Delete
  6. I also found it very hard to concentrate and visit other blogs. Some of my posts were sub par in my opinion, too. Hope to see you on the road trip; I haven't done that in the past but I owe visits to a lot of blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope things get better. In India real estate has been very badly hit. That has a ripple effect on the state's economy since the government gets a lot of revenue from taxes related to land and house deals.
    I enjoyed reading your posts, especially since I have moved cities and houses many times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for your visits.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.