Wednesday 16 December 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge 16/12/15



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at 
 Thank you Joyce.
 
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

Have fun!

1. What's your biggest 'first world' problem?
Our obsession with social media and electronic gadgets.  Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t be without them but I don’t think they always help with real social interaction.
2.  Each year Time Magazine names a 'Person of the Year', someone who has 'for better or worse...done the most to influence the events of the year.' It was recently announced they've named Angela Merkel Person of the Year for 2015. You can read more about this year's selection here. Your thoughts? If you were in charge, who would you declare Person of the Year? 
I can understand why Angela Merkel would be named after the way she opened Germany’s doors to all the refugees/asylum seekers/migrants (substitute any correct political word for people fleeing the Middle East, Africa etc.)  Unfortunately I think it might be her downfall considering how that situation is developing.  I’m not sure I’d know who to name but I’m sure there are many more lowly people that dedicate their lives to helping others and do not receive much, if any, recognition for their works.
3. Do you have a nativity set in your home? If so share its history and how you display the pieces.
Yes we do.  It’s a new one this year as our old one had got quite tatty.  It’s sitting on the mantelpiece and you can see it here in a blog I posted earlier this week.
4.  Do you make an extra effort to give back in some way during the holiday season? How do you encourage those who need encouragement this time of year?
I don’t do anything major but I always buy charity cards and support annual appeals of the charities we favour if we can.  This is the first Christmas for many years where the lead up hasn’t been stressful and the day itself will be shared with just a few family members.  That means I’m more relaxed and likely to be the person that lets you in front of me in the queue if you’re looking harried and in need of a kind gesture.
5. Who is your favourite person to shop for? Why?  Me!  I know exactly what I do and don’t like and whether something will fit!  All joking aside one of the things I still dislike about Christmas is working out what to buy for people.
6. What's the last delicious thing you ate?   
A guilty bag of chocolate pieces when out shopping recently and the hunger pangs wouldn’t let me resist.
7. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is by embracing the spirit of Christmas and sharing it with others.
8. Insert your own random thought here.   
I’m looking forward to Christmas.  I always enjoy the holiday itself but the run up to it is usually horrendous but not this year.  (Although if we were answering this question next week you might get a totally different answer! Lol)

Wishing you all a peaceful and joy filled Christmas time however you celebrate it.

11 comments:

  1. Glad you're having a more relaxed Christmas this year. We are too. It is a shame when the joy of Christmas is eclipsed by shopping and preparation frustration.I so enjoyed reading your Hodgepodge. Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I broke into a bag of m & m's I bought for a recipe. It was necessary : ) Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the Christmas wishes -- such a nice way to start what is sure to be a long day for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas,
    I agree with your answer to number one. True!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good you are able to have a more relaxed Christmas, this year. I hope the trend continues all the way until the New Year.

    You had some good answers today :)

    Kathy (from Reflections by Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy to hear the Christmas rush has slowed down for you! The big day is nearly here. I enjoyed this week's Hodgepodge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my opinion, a little chocolate fix is always good for the soul! Hips, not so much. ;) Have yourself a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of good answers here. I like the fact that your favourite person to shop for is you! I am a bit like that too. I actually quite like shopping since I lost the weight.

    Guess what? You have inspired me; I have just had a go at this too. Just hope it isn't a year before I get around to doing another!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have left my link on The hodgepodge page but am not able to comment. I have tried 3 times. It seems ok and says publishing but my comment doesn't appear. Bit of a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you love shopping for yourself best! That is a great answer. What a nice blog you have. I am coming back for more exploration!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so bad when I shop and the hunger pangs begin. I'll grab the bag with the most calories and inhale it. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.