Wednesday 29 June 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge 29/6/16



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at 
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
Have fun!

1. It's officially summer (in the northern hemisphere anyway). Which summer month is best and why?

Well normally I would be tempted to say June as it’s my birthday and anniversary month but this June has been so wet I’m looking forward to better things in July and August.


2. Can you swim? How did you learn? June 27th is National Sunglasses Day. How many pair do you own?

I learnt to swim at school.  We used to go to the local pool for lessons.  I don’t own any sunglasses – my glasses darken in the sun.
3. What characteristic do you judge most harshly in yourself? How about in others?

I’m not very outgoing and don’t find making conversation with strangers easy.  I know this can seem to be a bit standoffish but it’s really more a lack of confidence.  I try not to judge others.
4. Robert Frost wrote the now well known poem entitled The Road Not Taken. What's a road (literal or figurative) you've always wanted to travel, and where do you hope it takes you? 

Hopefully one day we’ll be on the Grandparent road and who knows where it will take us but I’m sure it will be fun finding out!


5. Popsicles-yay or nay? If you answered yay, what's your favourite flavour? 

No thanks.


6. Brexit-on a scale of 1-10 how knowledgeable are you on what's involved here? (1=very knowledgeable and 10=what's Brexit) Is this news you'll follow or is it something you think won't impact your life in any way shape or form? 
Oh don’t get me started.  I’m way up there, probably a 3 given that even the politicians who led the Brexit campaign don’t seem to know what’s going on so I don’t think anyone can claim to be a 1.  It is definitely going to impact my life.  I voted in and now have to accept the fall out.  I have been horrified at some of the attitudes displayed since the vote, particularly on social media.  There is very little certainty about anything at the moment and it’s very unsettling.
7. Share a favourite song on your summer play list.

Hello by Adele.  Not particularly summery but I have her latest album which I love.  I also watched her Glastonbury performance today.  She is amazing.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 



Poppy is home!  She’s doing really well but still being fed every 3 hours around the clock so it’s hard on her parents.  For the time being they have moved in with the Grandparents so at least they have additional support.  That’s also nearer for family members to visit and help out.  The power of prayer is a wonderful thing.  Thank you.  I’d love to post a picture but they have stayed away from social media on this so I have to respect that decision but looking at her now to when she was first admitted to hospital is like looking at a different baby.  She looks so much better.

10 comments:

  1. It is so hard to have a sick or injured child. My heart leaps every time Charlie (my 2-yr old grandson) takes a tumble. Let's hope Poppy is soon well again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to read Poppy is doing well...

    reassuring you all well be fine---yes, social media and regular media has made the Brexit issue really slippery--sigh.

    Enjoyed your answers, I am quite a loner---I know, hard to believe, I rather be a wallflower than a social person, smiles. Have a joyful rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am THRILLED to hear this news about little Poppy!! I will keep her in my daily prayers and look forward to your next update on her recovery! Praise God!

    I enjoyed your Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear the good news about Poppy. Grandparenting is a great answer! I wish I'd said that : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. My youngest son was in and out of the hospital for the first few years of his life so I know how stress full having a sick child is. I'll keep Poppy and the family in my prayers.

    I love Hello by Adele, well really I love anything by Adele.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great mood setting song. She has truly been blessed with a voice
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad that Poppy is doing better and got to come home. How wonderful that her family has been able to move in with the grandparents so that they can have help. That will make a world of difference for all involved, I am sure.

    I'm not very outgoing either. I am shy and introverted. However, in many circumstances I find it much easier to talk to strangers than to people that I already know. I guess I feel less judged by people that I don't know and probably will never see again.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's wonderful news about Poppy!
    I totally understand about being "stand-offish". I'm terribly shy, but fear it comes across as something else.
    Enjoy the rest of your week!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad to hear that Poppy is doing better. It is always sad to have a sick little one. It is great that the family is willing and able to pitch in to help. Our prayers are with all the family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad Poppy is home! She's still on my prayer list! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.