Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
1. If you could sit beside and/or jump in any lake in the whole wide world today, which lake would you choose and why?
I think I’d have to say Wolfgangsee in Austria because that’s where hubby and I honeymooned. 2. What's your favorite 'fruity' drink?
3. I read a list here of thirteen things to do right now to simplify your life. They were-
clean as you go, re-evaluate your relationships (cut toxic ties), unsubscribe (too many blogs and websites), de-clutter, write down your daily goals, reply to emails right away, forget multitasking, create a morning routine, re-evaluate your commitments (which hobbies and responsibilities are most important to you), say no, clean up your computer, and plan your day ahead
Which of the tasks listed do you currently find most helpful in keeping life simple? Which item on the list should you adopt in order to simplify your life this month?
Some of these I already do, (clean as you go, plan your day, morning routine) but there are definitely some I need to do – e-mails and unsubscribing would be a start and re-evaluating commitments.
4. What did you do the summer after you graduated from high school?
I don’t actually remember too well – it was a long time ago. But definitely job hunting. I was supposed to be going to uni but during my final exams I decided I’d had enough education and that meant I needed to get a job. Fortunately at that time jobs were reasonably easy to get and I managed to secure a position with the Water Authority.
5. Are you a fan of podcasts? If so what's a favorite?
I’d like to say yes. I have quite a few downloaded on my iPad and have listened to some but there is quite a backlog. Some are comedy shows. Some are BBC Radio 4’s Women’s Hour.
6. Do you think today's fathers have it harder, easier, or just different than fathers in the past?
7. Tell us one way you're like your father? Or not at all like your father if that's easier?
My Dad was always quiet and I think I share that attribute.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Prayers for Poppy seem to be working. They took her off the ventilator today and she seems to be doing ok. It makes it much easier for them to have proper cuddles with her. She’s also definitely gaining weight. Thank you.