Friday 3 June 2016

Friday's Fave Five 3/6/16

http://susannesspace.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/fridays-fave-five-379.html

It's Friday so it's time to join in with Suzanne's Friday's Fave Five.  

It's a place to come on Friday's and think back over your week and just post about 5 favourite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favourite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc.



If you want to take part or visit other Fave Five posts, click on the picture above to go to host Suzanne's site and check out the linky list.
I've missed being here the last couple of weeks as I've been recovering from a minor op and it's been tricky finding five blessings.  But it is good to think of positive things so here we go:

1.  Beer festival.  We attended this at our local social club last Saturday.  I don't drink beer but it was a nice social event and the weather was lovely so we were out in the garden most of the time.

2.  Finally sorting out our bathroom door - it had been difficult to close for ages and we've now got a nice new door that fits and closes perfectly.

3. Getting out to the hairdressers.  My roots were beginning to get me down but not anymore.

4.  A good relationship with my daughter-in-law.  We're really getting to know one another now that we're living together and so far it's really going well.  Especially good this week as she's on school holidays and took over the cooking on a couple of days.

5.  Family love.  I know I often talk about this but it really is important.  It's also been very evident this last couple of weeks - one of our nieces has been in the hospital with her young baby.  The poor thing has not been thriving and they have now discovered she has a rare genetic condition.  It's something that can be managed although she is still very unwell at present.  It's been so encouraging to see all the positive comments of support on social media and know that lots of people are praying for them.

So there are my five, enjoy the weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Hope your operation went well and you are healing ok. Glad things are working out well with your son and daughter-in-law there. I've been needing to get out to get my hair cut for a few weeks now. So glad for the support for your niece and her baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. arghhhyghhhhhh do not remind me about roots showing, LOL. I enjoyed your answers, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a very productive week. And such a blessing to have family surround one another in times of need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good week! Family really is the best. I gave up on coloring my hair a year or so ago. It is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saying a prayer for your niece and her little babe. And you heal and get better quickly after your operation, too! Wonderful that you are taking the opportunity to get to know your dil better while they are in your home. May your bond be a huge blessing in your lives.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.