Wednesday 8 June 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge 8/6/16



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at 
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
Have fun!
1. I read here a list of 13 things you should do in June. I'm paraphrasing a little but basically...
Go on a road trip with your best friend, pick fresh strawberries, host a garden party, take a morning run, treat yourself to a flower bouquet, spend a whole day hiking, discover a new coffee shop, try a new ice cream flavor, read at least one book, visit a Farmer's Market, make a swing for your home, and visit a new city. 
Which thing on the list do you most want to do? Of the activities mentioned, which one holds the least appeal? How many on the list will you attempt in June? What's one thing you'd add to the list?
I’d most like to visit a new city but at the rate I’m going with renewing my passport that will need to be in the UK.  But hubby and I would like to get away for a few days this month so hopefully that will happen.
My least favourite thing would be take a morning run.  Might manage a walk but probably not a whole day of hiking.
Some good ideas there and will probably do some including celebrating our anniversary and my birthday.  June is the best month!
2. What's something you could do today to feel more peaceful? 
Stop playing so many Facebook games.  I hate the amount of time they take up and yesterday I actually deleted several of them.  I couldn’t quite bring myself to go completely cold turkey but it did feel good getting rid of at least some.  I know some will argue that if it’s something you enjoy it’s ok but I would get so demotivated that it was not a good thing.

3. June 7th is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day. Are you a fan? Swiss mocha, rocky road, chocolate chocolate chip, peanut butter and chocolate, or a dish of plain chocolate...what's your pleasure? 
Definitely a fan although not peanut butter.  Plain works best for me.
4. If you came with a warning what would it say?  Fragile, handle with care.
5.What's the most interesting website you've visited in the last week? 
Well it was actually a site about the condition our Niece’s baby has been diagnosed with – LCHAD deficiency.  Interesting is probably not quite the right word.  Informative, definitely.  Scary, absolutely.  http://www.socialstyrelsen.se/rarediseases/lchaddeficiency
6. Spring, summer, autumn, winter...which season are you? Why? 
I think I’d like to be spring  – the days get longer and hopefully warmer and there is the promise of things to come.  In reality, having battled with anxiety and depression winter is probably a better fit or maybe autumn right now – hanging on to good things and trying not to slip downhill.
7. "You lose sight of things...and when you travel, everything balances out." ~Daranna Gidel
Would you agree with that sentiment? Explain why or why not.  
Not for me – mainly because I don’t do a lot of travelling.
8. Insert your own random thought here. 
Your support for our niece’s baby Poppy is much appreciated and very much still needed.  She continues to be ventilated as her muscles are not strong enough yet for her to breathe on her own for any length of time.  They have now been told she may have to have a tracheotomy to enable a portable ventilator to be used.  Although this sounds bad it could enable them at some time in the future to be able to get her home.  Her body has difficulty processing the fats needed to provide energy.  Energy for everything.  She will always have to have a special diet and will always need to eat regularly, especially while growing.  It’s a complicated problem and because it wasn’t detected until recently her major organs have been suffering.  It definitely feels that it is 2 steps forward, one back most of the time but the parents, Natalie and Ellis, are being incredibly strong.  They really appreciate knowing that so many people are praying for Poppy. Thank you.

15 comments:

  1. How old is Poppy? I am so sorry to hear of her health battles. It is so hard to see the little ones suffer. :( We have just added her and her family to our prayer list. I hope that she is going to be just fine in the long run. {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy a walk more than a run-definitely not a hiker. Prayers for Poppy and her parents. It is so incredibly hard watching a little one suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely add Poppy to my prayer list, as well as her parents.

    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for the health issues your niece is going through right now. Praying for Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. liked your answers. praying for Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about Poppy's health struggles. I will be praying for her and her parents too. What a lovely name she's been given.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Dear Friend,
    I will be praying for Poppy. I love her name.
    I took an online quiz and I was Spring. :-)
    Have a good week,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to play Farmville, but eventually it started having trouble loading and it successfully weaned me off the need to play. I must say I don't miss it, even though I used to enjoy it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adding my prayers for Poppy, and also wishing you a happy birthday. It is nice to be involved in HodgePodge again. Sorry for mia these past couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In case I don't get a chance....Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! I won't argue with you about the time spent playing games. I am guilty and I believe the addiction to games or just my computer in general has made me lazy. I'm with you on the Fragile, Handle With Care. I will be praying for Poppy your niece's baby. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poppy has been and will remain in my daily prayers. Such a tough diagnosis for her and the family. I enjoyed your Hodgepodge answers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!

    So sorry about Poppy. Will keep her and the family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hear you on the Facebook games. I had to go cold turkey on ones like Farmville that take endless upkeep....and when you start to feel guilty if your animals aren't fed, it's time to walk away. LOL Now I just play a couple of the gem hunt type games and bingo. It's easier to walk away from them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those Facebook games can be hard on a lot of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have added Poppy to our prayer list and hope that she will be okay.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.