Well we're almost a week into July so this update is a bit more timely than last month! Here we go:
1. Fill out weekly/daily planner
A few slips ups but mainly I'm still doing this and it does help to keep me organised although it's harder to stay focussed some days.
2. Garden projects: Get window boxes for front garden plus big planters. Stepping stones for rear garden.
No projects until we move.
3. Plan a lunch date/date night with Nick once a month (theatre/cinema/meal/outing)
Well in theory we could get out now - restrictions have eased a lot over the last few weeks but we are still being very cautious.
4. Eat at 6 new-to-me restaurants
Maybe at some point we'll feel brave enough to try and make progress on this. Not just yet though.
5. Complete the A – Z blogging challenge
6. Plan Family weekend for my birthday
We have a lot of celebrations to catch up on but no immediate plans.
7. Take up an exercise class
8. Plan a road trip/holiday with hubby.
Hopefully one day!
9. Visit the beach
At some point!
10. Complete my reading challenge (52 books for the year)
I managed to read 6 books in June so I'm still on track for this. Some were from my TBR pile including The Book Thief which I really enjoyed. I added a few more to my Kindle app - books are about the only thing I'm spending money on right now! Full details can be found on my Goodreads page here.
11. Keep a gratitude diary
I'm still failing at this but I do try and do the Friday blog post relating to this each week.
12. Blog at least once per week (plus regular memes)
I dropped down to just 16 posts in June with hardly any original posts so not a good month overall.❌
13. Take a photo each week and blog about it.
I might have been a tad late with some of these but still trying to keep to the plan.✅
14. Read 12 books on my TBR pile.
15. Finish knitting WIP (blanket of squares)
No change during June. ❌
16. Try out a new recipe or do a bake each month
Oh this is not happening! Motivation on this front is very low at present ❌
17. Visit/see Noah every month
Well this will need to be reviewed now that we can actually get together with family members. My son is planning to come to London soon but now we are in the process of moving we'll just have to do the best we can. ❌
18. Get damp treatment done in house
At this point in time our house still has a buyer and they are aware that damp treatment is needed. We reduced our price to reflect that so we won't have to get that work done.
19. Maintain weight
Fluctauated during the month but no overall gain.
20. Be kind to myself. Whilst I think it's good to set myself challenges sometimes life gets in the way or I just have days where I really can't be bothered. I need to accept this and not be hard on myself when things don't go to plan.
Ha "sometimes life gets in the way" little did I know!
Well only 35% ✅ in June. Of course much of that is still due to Covid-19 so out of my control. Restrictions have eased a lot over the last few weeks but it is still scary how many people are still contracting the virus and people are still dying. I really don't want to risk getting it or giving it to other members of the family. We're being as careful as we can. The planned move is taking up our time now too. It's still not guaranteed but we're doing our best to sort out all our belongings so that when contracts are exchanged we'll be as well placed as possible for moving. I'm trying not to let it all overwhelm me but it is a lot to get our heads around - we've lived here for over 27 years now and for Hubby he'll be moving out of the area he has lived in all his life!