Friday 3 July 2020

Friday's Fave Five - 3/7/20




Well it's Friday again so time to look back on the week and highlight some blessings.  This meme is hosted by Susanne over at Living to tell the story.
Pop over there to see who else is taking part and to find out how to join in.

1.  Progress with sorting out the house.  I came across this picture that I'd used in the past and it's definitely where we are at right now. We are gradually accumulating a large pile of rubbish which will need to go the tip at some point as well as a lot of stuff that's too good to just throw away but definitely doesn't need to come with us.  Hopefully we'll find a way of getting rid of that stuff.  We're still keeping a lot of things but I'm not doing too much agonizing.




2. Progress with the move generally. We've got a surveyor coming here next Tuesday and then we'll get a survey done on where we're going. We've also been getting quotes for removal companies. I have a big checklist of all the things that need to be done and when so gradually working through that!

3. Reading time. Despite all that's going on I've still made time to read, or watch TV or just general down time.

4. Lots of video calls with the little ones this week. It's still hard to see them in the way we're used to but catching up on video calls makes it all a little bit easier.

5. Cooler temps. We've had rain as well which I could pass on but the temperature has been much more bearable this week.

So nothing extraordinary there but that's how I like it.

Have a good weekend all and happy 4th July to all my American followers.




5 comments:

  1. Yay for good progress preparing for the move! I smiled at the "agonize over endlessly" box. I tend to do that with too many things. Glad you had some video calls with the grandkids. Reading time is a must for me, too, no matter what else is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lived through a move three years ago, so I well remember all you are dealing with... except we didn't have a global pandemic to add to the stress. I'm glad you are able to keep up with the little ones through video chats. Not the same but is better than not seeing them at all. Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. just about a year ago now we moved into a much smaller place. It was a lot of work but so worth it in the end. Just do something everyday and it will soon be done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good you're making progress on your move....a true blessing!
    yay for video chats!!
    we haven't moved since 1994 when we built this house so I cannot imagine all the work that goes into moving an entire house. once we're retired, we might consider downsizing and moving to new england.
    enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I smiled at the picture, especially "agonize over endlessly." Most organizers fail to include that one. We've been in our down-sized home for 6 years now. Even after doing a major decluttering to move here, I still come across things that I can't believe I paid money to have moved. Be ruthless!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.