Friday 4 March 2016

Fave Five on Friday 4/3/16




If you want to join in this is where to go Friday's Fave Five

It's a place to come on Friday's and think back over your week and just post about 5 favourite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favourite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc.

1.  Walking weather.  I’m finally feeling like I’m over whatever virus it was that had me feeling exhausted for a couple of weeks and I’ve been able to get out and walk this week.  Not far but enough to get my step count up and make me feel more energetic.

2.  Date night.  Last Friday I decided to be spontaneous and instead of hubby bringing home a take away for dinner (our usual Friday treat).  I suggested that I met him at the local mall to eat out.  We went to Jamie’s Italian and both enjoyed our meals.  As usual we both commented on how we should do it more often!

3.  Dinner with family.  We had our youngest son, our daughter and their partners here for Sunday lunch plus hubby’s sister and her husband.  It made for a nice group and although it was quite of bit of work it was worth the effort just to be able to eat and chat and relax,

4.  Chocolate trifle.  I made this for Sunday’s pudding.  A bit like tiramisu but more chocolaty and alcoholic!  Delicious. (Next time I'll have to remember to take a photo!)

5.  Our NHS.  (National Health Service)  Hubby had a cyst removed from his jaw recently and had to have the stitches removed last Saturday.  There is a lot of unrest at the moment about changes to Doctor’s contracts to enable a 7 day a week service.  Well it seems to me that they already provide it.

Have a great weekend.



 


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very nice week! Glad you're feeling better and had a chance for a date with your husband and a time with your kids, their partners, and in-laws. It is a lot of work to prepare for something like that but so enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family meals are the best - but they are also a lot of work!

    We usually have one night a week take out too, but dinner at an Italian restaurant would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. family meals and a doc open on Saturday! nice!! we only have urgent cares open on weekends here....they are always busy!!

    I love date nights. my hibby has been in Guatemala on a missions trip all week so our date night will be as soon as he gets back!!

    enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate trifle- yum!! Family dinners are the best! Date nights are always fun - lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are blessed to live near enough to your family to have them over for Sunday lunch. And chocolate anything is a big draw!
    Your date night sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friday nights are hubby and my evening to get takeout or go out for dinner too. Never thought to go to the mall. I'll have to suggest that idea maybe this Friday. Love family dinners where everyone can show up! I've never had chocolate trifle before and now you have me wanting to try it.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.