Wednesday 16 March 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge 16/3/16



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at 

Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
Have fun!

1. What do you think about luck?
Well start with a nice easy question why don’t we? Lol.  Is there such a thing?  One definition says luck is “success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions” but everything happens because of an action.  If I buy a lottery ticket I might win and you might call it lucky but actually that comes down to probability and odds.  If I nearly walk into a big puddle but am dragged aside by someone that’s not luck, that’s the good sense of the person who prevented me from getting wet feet.  If there was no one around to rescue me you might say it’s bad luck I got wet feet but it’s probably more that I wasn’t looking where I was going.  Of course not everything happens for a reason and some things are completely random.  How we interpret them seems to define if they are good or bad luck.

2. Not counting your own backyard, what's a favourite green space in your town, city, or state?
Can I have my front yard?  It’s not MY front yard as such but it’s an open space that my house overlooks and I walk out there a lot.  After that the Queen Elizabeth Park (formerly the Olympic Park) is pretty good too.

3. How do you make your life more complex than it needs to be?
Sometimes I overthink things.  For example I try too hard to be gentle on people’s feelings.  Case in point was when my MIL died recently and we were trying to pass on the news to all those who needed to know.  We wanted to ensure sons and daughters heard first, then grandchildren and so on.  We set up a complicated plan to ensure one sister, who does not have a partner around, wasn’t on her own when she got the news.  The whole plan went to pot! 

4. I read here the three places you should visit with friends. They are-New York City, Hawaii, and Amsterdam (rent a bike, walk along the canal, visit one of their world class museums). I felt the need to expound on that one. Moving on...Of the three places listed which would you most like to visit with friends? What's one place not on the list you think should be visited with friends?
Well Hawaii would be good as I haven’t been there but Amsterdam is much closer to home and getting on a bike in a city that’s really bike friendly would be nice.  I think most places should be visited with friends (or family) - not much fun visiting on your own.

5. What's the last live performance you saw? On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being best) how would you rate it?
Well I had to think back as it was back in December when we went to a carol concert given by the choir my DIL sings with.  So of course it has to be a 10.

6. March 14th is National Potato Chip Day. Are you a fan? Your favourite flavour? Besides potato, what's your favourite chip type of snack?
Well we’re talking crisps here so cheese and onion is my favourite.  I love crisps especially as there are so many different types now.  I’m not a great fan of other snacks.

7. What rule is most important in your home?
Never go to sleep on an argument.  Hubby and I don’t disagree very often, not to the point of a full blown argument but that’s our rule.  It was passed down to me by my parents and I think it works.  Of course you also have to be prepared to apologise when you’re in the wrong.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Been a stressful few days here.  Nice to have some sunshine today and be able to take a relaxing walk.

12 comments:

  1. I love potato chips. They're just perfection in a bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...praying you have less stress...enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I overthink things too! I love a good salt and vinegar chip every once in awhile. Wishing your stress away.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is fun reading Hodgepodge posts on Wednesdays! Hope things smooth out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's to enjoying a stress-free day! I love your rule...sometimes much easier said than done, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm an over-thinker, too...

    I hope you have a stress-free day! Go out and enjoy yourself.

    Kathy (Reflections)

    PS I'm playing along today, even though I can't see the linky to join the list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your response to #7, Wendy. Nowadays my (noctural) hubby's so hard of hearing, half the time he doesn't even realize I'm cross! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I over think every day in the classroom- always looking for the best way to reach a kid. Hope your stress goes away soon. Enjoy the sunshine! Dropping by from Hodgepodge, #10.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with your rule about not going to bed on an argument. My beloved SWMBO and I generally observe that rule too. Thank you for your kind words and condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to love the Walkers Thai Sweet Chili Chips when we lived in the UK. You can't find them here. I can overthink things too, although it's something I'm working on. There are some benefits to growing older : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    I enjoyed your answers. I like your rule :-) As my husband and I have aged, we make sure that is one we do as well! I know when we were first married we did not. I am sad about that. I am glad we learned along the way.

    I agree about the overthinking too.
    Carla


    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.