Wednesday 2 March 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge 2/3/16



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at 
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
Have fun!

1. February ended with an extra 24 hours in 2016. What did you do with your bonus day?
It was just another Tuesday unfortunately.  Hubby was away so it was a quiet day here.
2. What's something in your life that's grown by leaps and bounds in recent days, weeks, months, or years? I'm giving you lots of room to come up with an answer here, so no fair passing on this one.
Well our family has grown over the past few years with all our children settling down with their partners.  The final wedding takes place in August.  We’ve also seen the number of great grand children in our extended family grow to 7 over the last few years.  Hopefully our kids will be increasing that number before too long.
3. Do you read reviews about a film before deciding if you'll see it? Did you watch The Oscars this year, and if so your thoughts on the program? How many of the Best Picture nominees had you seen prior to the broadcast? (Spotlight, The Martian, The Big Short, The Revenant, Mad Max: Fury Road, Room, and Brooklyn) If you watched The Oscars who gets your award for 'best dressed'?
We rarely go to the cinema so I don’t read the reviews.  I didn’t see the Oscars and haven’t seen any of the films.
4. When did you last have overnight houseguests? Give us your top three tips on being a good houseguest.   
Apart from our kids the last time we had houseguests was just after Christmas.  We had our future daughter-in-law’s sister and parents.  Good houseguests are flexible, offer help but don’t take offence when it’s not needed, and don’t have too many special requirements.
5. March 2nd is Peanut Butter Lover's Day. Will you be celebrating? If so, would you prefer a home made peanut butter cookie, a Reese's peanut butter cup, an old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or shall I just hand you a jar and a tablespoon?
This is definitely not one to celebrate for me.  I do not like peanut butter in any shape or form. 

6. Why is failure important? Or isn't it?
I think failure is important as we learn (hopefully) from our mistakes.
7. Share with us one fun thing on your March calendar.
No specific plans yet but our son’s birthday fall this month so hopefully we will get to see him.  There’s also the long Easter weekend to look forward to.
8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Apparently it’s spring.  Can someone tell the weather please?

11 comments:

  1. Spring isn't far off, but the weather here says, otherwise, too. We're in the upper 40's right now. Of course, 70's are predicted for next week, so I can't really complain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Spring so I hope the weather will do it justice, today has been very rainy.
    Great post to read.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your answers. Hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always say, "A growing family is a happy family" :)
    I do hope spring finds its way to your house, soon! Enjoy the rest of your week.
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another family wedding ... how exciting! I can hardly wait until my own granddaughter ties the knot, but that won't be until sometime in 2017.

    Weather? You want ours? I just checked the thermostat and it's 80-degrees in our house. Expected to be 91 tomorrow. I'm definitely NOT a fan of warm weather!

    Hope you continue to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    We are waiting for Spring too. We got a tease of it over the weekend. But back to snow and cold this week. Boo Hoo!
    Have a great week!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Overnight house guests are common here on The Rock and I'm thinking I should perhaps have your list converted into some sort of framed artwork to hang on the guestroom door!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spring? :sigh: We had some fabulously warm days and got spoiled here in Maine. Last night we dipped back in the single digits and we're not supposed to get warmer than 21 degrees today and tomorrow. I'm anxious to get boating, fishing and camping again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your Hodgepodge!! Happy birthday to your son and I hope you get to see him this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well it's spitting snow here today, but I do think spring is right around the corner. The weather has been very odd this year. We have some family birthdays this month too and my mother in law turns 80 so some celebrating is planned. Enjoy time with your son!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.