I can't claim the credit for this idea (I copied it from Sarah who blogs here.)
Essentially it's a bit of a to do list for this year. Hopefully I'll be ticking things off and blogging about them as we go through the year. I know that being accountable helps get things done.
Anyway here is my list and some background on my choices.
1. Bake once per month (bread/cake/biscuits)
I used to bake regularly but recently I haven't been doing much other than essential cooking.
2. Plant new flower bed and child proof garden
Our patio is about 3 feet lower than the main garden. There is no barrier between the end of the grass and the drop onto the patio. With one grandson already and 2 more grandchildren on the way I need to make that safer.
3. Sort out magazines
I have piles of them. I need to go through them for any articles/recipes to keep and then get rid of them!
4. Plan a lunch date/date night with Nick once a month (theatre/cinema/meal)
Everytime we go out for a meal etc which isn't very often, we say we must do more of this!
5. Eat at 4 new-to-me restaurants
Hopefully this might help with #4.
6. Complete the A – Z blogging challenge
This will be my 4th year of the challenge.
7. Plan a family weekend away for next year
We went away for our daughter's 30th in 2016 and we're away in March this year for our son's 30th and I decided it would be good to have an annual family weekend away each year plus someone (me actually) has a big birthday in 2019 so we definitely need to celebrate.
8. Walk at least 3 times per week
9. Visit my brother
I'm ashamed to say I haven't visited his new house so I need to rectify that.
10. Visit my cousin
My cousin is more like a sister to me and it's been a while since I visited her. We've met up at family events but a visit is long overdue.
11. Visit the beach
12. Complete my reading challenge (52 books for the year)
I managed this in 2017 so hopefully I will again this year.
13. Keep my bullet journal updated
14. Blog at least once per week (plus regular memes)
By this I mean some sort of original post not inspired by a link up
15. Take more photos
I always forget to take them and with a smart phone there really is no excuse!
16. Update my wardrobe
A bit of ruthlessness needed here.
17. Do more crafting – update on blog
I have a sewing machine that has been sitting idle for far too long.
18. Try out a new recipe each week
I'm not very adventurous with cooking. Hopefully this will improve my skills and keep hubby happy.