Sunday 28 January 2018

18 in 18 - The List



                                     


I can't claim the credit for this idea (I copied it from Sarah who blogs here.)

Essentially it's a bit of a to do list for this year.  Hopefully I'll be ticking things off and blogging about them as we go through the year.  I know that being accountable helps get things done. 

Anyway here is my list and some background on my choices.

1.   Bake once per month (bread/cake/biscuits)
I used to bake regularly but recently I haven't been doing much other than essential cooking.
 
2.   Plant new flower bed and child proof garden
Our patio is about 3 feet lower than the main garden.  There is no barrier between the end of the grass and the drop onto the patio.  With one grandson already and 2 more grandchildren on the way I need to make that safer.
 
3.   Sort out magazines
I have piles of them.  I need to go through them for any articles/recipes to keep and then get rid of them!
 
4.   Plan a lunch date/date night with Nick once a month (theatre/cinema/meal)
Everytime we go out for a meal etc which isn't very often, we say we must do more of this! 

5.   Eat at 4 new-to-me restaurants
Hopefully this might help with #4. 

6.   Complete the A – Z  blogging challenge
This will be my 4th year of the challenge. 

7.   Plan a family weekend away for next year
We went away for our daughter's 30th in 2016 and we're away in March this year for our son's 30th and I decided it would be good to have an annual family weekend away each year plus someone (me actually) has a big birthday in 2019 so we definitely need to celebrate.

8.   Walk at least 3 times per week

9.   Visit my brother
 I'm ashamed to say I haven't visited his new house so I need to rectify that.
 
10.               Visit my cousin
My cousin is more like a sister to me and it's been a while since I visited her.  We've met up at family events but a visit is long overdue.
 
11.               Visit the beach
Just because!
 
12.               Complete my reading challenge (52 books for the year)
I managed this in 2017 so hopefully I will again this year.
 
13.               Keep my bullet journal updated

14.               Blog at least once per week (plus regular memes)
By this I mean some sort of original post not inspired by a link up

15.               Take more photos
I always forget to take them and with a smart phone there really is no excuse!

16.               Update my wardrobe
A bit of ruthlessness needed here.

17.               Do more crafting – update on blog
I have a sewing machine that has been sitting idle for far too long.

18.               Try out a new recipe each week
I'm not very adventurous with cooking.  Hopefully this will improve my skills and keep hubby happy.

8 comments:

  1. I just read about the 18 in 18 idea, but can't remember where. I've started taking notes for my list. I like #17 on yours. I've been thinking it's time to get out my sewing machine. I love to sew and it has been way too long since I've enjoyed that hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a sewing job waiting for me as soon as I get the machine moved!

      Delete
  2. I am a great list maker. In fact i could just use yours with just a few exceptions. Good to look back on at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't make plans I always change anyway, the only thing I do every 2 days is baking our bread, but that's easy I have a bread making machine.The machine bakes it over night and in the morning it's delicious and fresh. Yes, your garden needs to be childfriendly. Ours is, no steps, no ponds no nothing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bread machine too - but I need to remove it from the cupboard it's hiding in and use it! lol

      Delete
  4. This is certainly an ambitious list and I wish you good luck with it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.